View Single Post
Old 22-04-19, 00:21   #1555
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Woods is actually a VERY talented artist if you look at her work on her Twitter page. Her artwork on Niobe: She is Life was nothing short of gorgeous. A few pages in Survivor's Crusade also looked REALLY good.

I get the feeling that with Survivor's Crusade, Ashley really phoned it in. It's like she only drew rough drafts without polishing them.
I know. Especially by her portfolio, you can see she as a thing for drawing attractive powerful women. In paper she would be perfect for Tomb Raider.

But see also the release dates for each of the Niobe issues. Issues 1 and 2 are really far apart, and issues 3 and for are a whole year apart. The only issues that have a "normal" release schedule are issues 2 and 3, which I suspect that they were either the same issue that got too long and were divided in two, or were worked at the same time.

This is why I think she might be a better cover artist, or maybe for graphic novels: her work is gorgeous but only when she doesn't have to do too much in a short time. She definitely is not suited for full, monthly issues, and her work on Tomb Raider shows that.