View Single Post
Old 26-08-20, 23:16   #12
Bridge
Inactive

The game came in the mail around lunchtime, but I was unable to play until around 3.

I posted a few pics on imgur just in case if anyone wants to see:
https://imgur.com/a/ZcWSpcB

I was very pleasantly surprised to find out the seller kept his copy in pristine condition. I could barely notice any wrinkles/warping on the plastic covering, and when I compared it to my PCDVD copy from 2011 (as seen in the photos), It was obvious who took far better care of theirs. The manual even looked like it had gone untouched.

Unfortunately my phone camera is horrible when it comes to taking any photos on my TV, so for now I can't show what it looks like on my hardware.

The graphics didn't look too bad to me, although i've never played the ps2 versions of Legend/Underworld. I will say, however that it seemed like large vehicles, such as Lara/Natla's boat are not only incredibly low poly but also poorly textured.

So far I've only played the first three levels; The Tutorial, Mediterranean Sea and Thailand. Although the tutorial was okay, the other two were far different experiences.

Med:
Although it was never my favorite level, it always seemed to go fast enough for me. The level design was so shoddy I found myself running around hallways for half an hour trying to understand the confusing and contorted new map. Maybe it's 9 years of muscle memory speaking, but I sure was not having a good time. I had already logged about an hour and a half by the time I beat this stage.
Thailand:
This has probably got to be my favorite TR level, so I was still excited for this one. Strangely I don't have much to say. It was a far better map than the last one, and I actually enjoyed seeing what parts of the map were cut out to fit the game onto this system. The gun combat with the tigers was as enjoyable as ever, and I found Lara's new method of entry into the tomb cooler than the original version. It was shorter, but still a very enjoyable level.

Finally, there's one thing to address: the framerate. It tended to get choppy every now and then, but not as frequently as I have heard from other TRF members.

It's honestly now just an okay game, but still interesting enough for me to try and beat it. I'm grateful to have come across it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE View Post
It made me appreciate the game more when I got it for X360 so it’s an interesting version to check out if you’re curious sure
I'd love to check out the 360 version sometime, especially for that awesome DLC Content

Last edited by Bridge; 26-08-20 at 23:18.
Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote