View Single Post
Old 18-03-17, 19:22   #25743
domino92

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
I disagree. A lot of the differences that you've noted come down to 1 of 3 things:

1. The difference in ages of both models: 35 vs. 25

This doesn't take into account Chris' 2 year bulk up in-between Umbrella's End and Revelations 1. The body will change a bit. Plus they have different resting facial expressions.

2. The differences in available technology at each creation. Chris in 5 has a way higher texture size than poor Remake Chris. They also have a large difference in polygon sizes.

3. The third is artistic license. They both, more than likely, had different modelers. RE5 Chris is an artist's close interpretation of RE1 Chris, who has hit the gym hard. Yeah they make stupid changes like his eye color, but Capcom always makes stupid little changes with every model in every new game.

I still think Georgie Dandy looks a far cry from Remake Chris. Far too many people were confused by his look and voice for it to have a real effect upon his reveal. They go on about why they needed to change Chris for 7 and they still uses a stylized version of his RE6 look and got a voice actor who sounds relatively close to Roger Craig Smith in Vendetta.

Chris' use in RE7 seems like a rush job. Someone at Capcom probably realized there were far too little references to the rest of the Resident Evil series in 7 and figured his cameo would fix that. So they used a model that is a "close enough" match for said purposes.
It's more than just age. Age wouldn't move your cheekbones down or reshape your eyes. The facial features have some similarities, but are also two completely different faces.

And I agree, it came down to having a different team modelling the RE5 face than REmake, but they could've made it far more exact. Claire's face hadn't changed too significantly from CVX until REv2.

I'm not complaining. If they want to make changes to the face that's fine, but my quarrel comes from you saying that RE5 and onwards, Chris looks like a bulkier version of REmake Chris, and that's not true. Aging and bulking up wouldn't change the bone structure of your face like that.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote