View Single Post
Old 07-09-19, 23:18   #4
_Seth

My ideals.
  • Keep Lu Ren, and keep their relationship as strictly a platonic friendship, something which is incredibly refreshing to see.
  • Do not introduce shaky cam.
  • Reintroduce the grandiose, sweeping camera establishing shots, à la Cradle of Life. I want the camera to fly into locations to show off scope and awe, paired with excellent music.
  • Ensure a score that is strong on melodies, and as prominent and effective as if it's another character in the film. (So get rid of Junkie XL and his bland, unmoving, ineffective work.)
  • Keep the outfit from the previous film, just equip it with dual holsters and the long, dual hairband braid.
  • Take zero inspiration from the mediocrity of the reboot game's story and dialogue.
  • End the Trinity thing with no cliffhanger. If this is to be a continuous film series, each film should be a new open and closed book. This will ensure longevity where any newcomer and jump into any film. See: James Bond.
  • Use practical effects where possible. When and if CGI is absolutely required, do not use the lowest bidding company to produce the work, as was suspected in the previous film.
  • Do not shy away from darkness and shock factor.
  • Introduce some genuine fear factor. It can be a hard PG-13, which still allows frightening scenes of peril and for minimal blood. I don't require for it to be R, which would only give way for swearing and OTT blood, of which both is unnecessary.
  • None or minimal parental drama. The Ana situation could be good, but once it's over it needs to be fully gone forever.

Last edited by _Seth; 02-05-20 at 13:58.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote