View Single Post
Old 21-10-20, 12:19   #15
indigo1993

Out of the reboot trilogy, it's definitely the most replayable game, and overall one of the most replayable ones in the whole series.
I'm not a fan of Lara's personality in it whatsoever, but her model looks better than Shadow's (even though they're supposedly the same model, there is definitely a difference in the quality of the face)
Respawning enemies work well for an open world adventure, it doesn't go empty like on Shadow.
The upgrade system is not overbearing.
DLC's are bizarre and fun. They let the imagination run loose and it paid off well. It's campy and you have fun exactly because you can't possibly take it seriously. That's what a video game should do.
There is a higher sense of urgency than on Shadow. In rise, your only motivation is the race against trinity, and you keep seeing them getting to places quicker than you and whatnot. In Shadow, you supposedly are trying to save the world from an apocalypse, but except for the last 10 minutes of the game, it's always sunny and happy everywhere. Lara is out and about putting on silly costumes and helping Paititi kids find their lost toys. You don't feel like the world is ending at all.
Although I prefer the environments in Shadow overall, I think they executed the levels more intelligently in Rise instead. Shadow felt more linear to me than Rise did.
The plot is really bad but at least the game plays as a solid experience, and that's something that we can all appreciate at least
indigo1993 is offline   Reply With Quote