View Single Post
Old 14-08-19, 15:20   #6301
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
IIRC, all environments were basically done (bar minor things here and there, maybe) except for Croft Manor and the last level (the bonus ending level that wasn't in TR1). I believe enemies were only implemented in Peru (though their AI presumably wasn't finished, either) and no enemies beyond Greece were modelled and/or animated. I don't know how far along the puzzles and traps were or how many of the cutscenes were "done" (I say "done" because no VO was ever recorded so they would be without sound in any case). The save system wasn't decided on or implemented yet from what I've read, not sure about the secrets system (I don't even know if it would've been the same as in TR1 or different). Obviously, there was no music yet (not sure if the placeholder SFX we hear in the trailers were actually implemented in the game or just added in the trailers via video editing software). AFAIK, we also don't know whether any of the characters besides Lara and Larson had been modelled.
There's some document on Ash website that says the secret system was reworked A LOT, and seemed very huge. Very different from the original one, but can't remember exactly...

It would be great to have a playable version of what have been done ! Even if it's a walk in the park without traps or ennemies.
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote