View Single Post
Old 31-03-18, 02:20   #10
Mikky

What facial expressions are you seeing? Yeah, I'll give you the Rise one because her mouth is slightly open, but Lara literally has a poker face in TR2013 and Shadow's artwork - there are no expressions there at all. xD I'm zooming in Shadow's artwork now, and she's just looking up slightly; her eyebrows are not turned down, she isn't squinting her eyes, nor is she frowning at all - there is nothing to suggest a facial expression that resembles "fierce". Now the posture I definitely see in the artworks of TR2013 and Rise, but she's "prepared" in Shadow's artwork? Well okay, say that's true, but how is she any less prepared than Rise's cover? If you ask me, she just looks like she's hiding and getting ready to attack someone. Or maybe she's sliding down the branch and about to jump off. I mean, it could be anything, why does it have to suggest that she's "ready for a journey"?

Let's just say that like all art, it's open to interpretation, and if you want to think that she's "fierce" and "prepared", go for it, but all I see is a beautifully rendered CGI piece of Lara in the jungle in a quiet, pre-emptive stance, and I see it as it's own standalone work.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote