View Single Post
Old 17-06-19, 00:38   #134
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
I find it quite insulting that Black Widow dual wields pistols and has the acrobats Lara used to have. I feel like reboot Lara should have evolved more into that with each game but instead we still have her scrambling, falling around everywhere (slightly less in Shadow admittedly)...
I agree with you on the duals thing, but please, stop with the falling excuse as a way to make the character look bad. Classic Lara also fell a lot in most of the classic games. Honestly, it should be a trademark by now. The only one who didn't fall (that I remember) was LAU Lara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
I think in some respects the sentiment is right. There may be some fans who have casually bought one game. Others have bought TR products and put money into TR over many years growing the brand and sustaining it over difficult patches. Whilst I am not saying it should be the determining factor there, the loyalty the long-term fans have shown should assign a value beyond mere that counts as 1 TR player. It's about showing that loyalty back not assuming devotion. This is exactly what the bad attitude to duals and outfits has done - taken all the long-term fan loyalty for granted.
Gotta say, even if we usually disagree I enjoy reading your posts a lot lately. Thanks for replying. I agree with what you're saying. Of course long time fans need to be rewarded and I honestly believe they haven't done a very good job with the trilogy in this specific aspect. They should've been incorporating more and more classic traits with each game, and after the duals fiasco, I hope we get to see them in the next game. I mean just removing all the tribal outfits and replacing them with classic-inspired ones would've made the fans incredibly happy. And it's such a simple thing to do. I don't know what they are thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
I agree with you on the gameplay and SOTTR's tombs. I think Shadow's gameplay is the best since the original 3 games and for me that is a huge thing to say. On the nods however, they have done the minimum amount - 5 seconds gameplay with the duals, halfway towards classic outfit, barely anywhere towards the humour. At least they did the manor but overall it's not enough now we are 3 games down the line. I feel the gameplay is good but the way the iconography has been dealt with means I could never think of the reboot as being a great TR era. IWANEX I think you are pretty spot on though about what they need to do.
Yes, exactly.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote