Thread: Vampyr
View Single Post
Old 27-10-18, 12:46   #111
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
I’ve been waiting for this game to drop in price and I’ve just saw it on Amazon for £20 so I’ve snapped it up, it’ll be here tomorrow! Excited to play
Hopefully these tips will help you and make playing the game less frustrating than it was for me, some parts of the game are irritating and some of these tips are a result of a trial and error approach.

Always save in a hideout close to a boss fight location, saving far away from a boss fight and dying and having to walk all the way back to the boss fight can be irritating especially when fights against the priwen enemies sometimes happen randomly and you will be doing a hell of a lot of walking in this game, unfortunately there is no form of fast travel between districts at various points during the game a train can be seen moving in the background, that train would have been a good way of implementing a fast travel system.

Some enemies will forget about you once you have moved out of their line of sight by hiding behind something, this only works on individual enemies not groups of enemies, I found this out just last night by accident I don't know if this works on skals
I've only tried it on Priwen enemies.

You can get blood from eating rats which doesn't give as much blood as you would get from an enemy, but if you need some blood and there are no enemies around eat a rat.

Two weapons I would recommend using are the good bludgeon and the common barbed cudgel both these weapons are great at depleting enemy stamina and be sure to upgrade them to increase the damage you can do with them, I forget exactly where these weapons are located I think one of them was in the sewer very near the hospital just follow Powerpyx's collectibles video to find the weapons I mentioned.

Some of the bosses will create clones of themselves as a distraction, just ignore and dodge the clones they go away after a few seconds just keep an eye on the bosses that summon clones, I think only two bosses used clones one is in the hospital morgue and the other is in the sewers later in the game.

Abyss is a useful ability to have, it's particularly useful against the boss Fergal in the sewers and the boss in the theatre and the Ekons with swords that appear later in the game.

Before you go into the theatre make sure you have everything you need and any abilities that you might need unlocked for the boss fight, once you go into the theatre you are locked in until after the boss fight.

Stick to melee weapons guns are useless and innacurate IMO.

Be sure to creep up on enemies slowly you get to stun them and take a bite out of them, sometimes they will see you coming and sometimes they won't and sometimes they manage to see you coming even if they have their back turned to you.

Do not hesitate to retreat when fighting enemies be they Priwen or Skals and try and divide the enemies up so they cannot gang up on you and attack you all at once, on normal difficulty a fight can be over in as little as a few seconds. On a funny note as I was typing this after I typed the word gang the next word suggested to me was bang

When possible try to lure Skals into fighting enemies for you, sometimes you won't have to do it, I've seen various enemies fighting Priwen enemies without me having to lure Skals to the Priwen.

Heal as many people and do as many side quests as possible for lots of XP.

Play on story mode difficulty which was recently patched into the game first time out, you can get all but one of the trophies on story mode difficulty, annoyingly the not even once trophy can only be earned on normal difficulty.

I recommend that you follow Powerpyx's collectibles video, some of the collectibles are easily missed or in places you wouldn't think of looking.

When fighting the boss in the graveyard do not feed on the priest, doing so will prevent you from earning the not even once trophy.

Use hit and run attacks on all enemies including bosses and equip a weapon that depletes their stamina like I mentioned earlier, doing so will drain their stamina and make it easier to bite them and stay on the move at all times.

Before you fight the first boss in the morgue do not attack the few enemies that are lurking in the basement with the claw attack ability, doing so will drain the blood meter which will make healing yourself during the boss fight problematic, the autophagy ability is an ability that you will rely on a lot throughout the game.

When you start the game focus on increasing health and stamina and the amount of blood you can extract when biting an enemy, increasing all of these is highly recommended.

When doing the bloody roots trophy you will have to get a journal that's in the basement of the theatre in a safe if I recall correctly once you interact with either the safe or a document that's in the same room as the safe an enemy that has the key to the safe will spawn upstairs, kill him and take the key once you get the journal from the safe DO NOT read it if you do read it, it will lock you out of getting a collectible from the guy who sent you to get the journal.

At some point you will have to start eating people to get quite a few of the collectibles, when doing this it is recommended that you do not sleep until after you have eaten everyone, if you do sleep while doing this it can have a negative effect on the district's where NPC'S go missing never to be seen again which will prevent you from getting the collectibles that they have.

One story mission had you going to the theatre, the front door will be locked and the game doesn't give a hint as to where the alternate entrance is located, type this into Google Vampyr getting into the theatre the best YouTube video to look at for the location of the alternate entrance is posted by Villian Crew, it'll be the first video you see in the search results, following the directions in that video is better than trying to find it yourself which could take a long time looking for it by yourself.

The trophy guides on Powerpyx's and pstrophies websites are very useful
http://www.powerpyx.com/vampyr-trophy-guide-roadmap/
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/vampyr/

@Domino92 some of these tips might help you too.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote