View Single Post
Old 24-01-20, 00:21   #118
tempo
Hobbyist

Thanks @Maverin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
I felt like Lara deep down had a naiive belief that her mother was still alive, but she knew this was not likely. Perhaps she realised this after the events of TRL and thats when she started telling herself that her mother couldn't be alive, and telling Zip and Alistair thats how she felt (you can see some sadness in her face in the opening cutscene of TRU when Alistair questions the sanity of what she's doing).

So, I feel like by TRU, Lara could not bury the past without exploring the ossibilities of what had happened- she knew that her mother was most likely dead, but her ulterior motive was still to find her for closure- hopefully alive.
But in Legend Lara was doubting her father believing Amelia did not die and in the final cutscene she concludes Richard was right after all and she did not die as she previously thought so. 'Finding her closure' is not really an ulterior motive; it is in line with what she said in the cutscene you referred to: "I only want the truth, whatever it maybe."
tempo is offline   Reply With Quote