Thread: Tomb1Main
View Single Post
Old 10-11-22, 20:31   #338
nickp364

Here's a preview of the new controls screen... let me know what you guys think (I may regret asking lol ). The goals are:
  • Add 2 additional custom control schemes (default + 3 custom schemes total). Currently the game only has default and one custom scheme.
  • Add custom keybinds for drawing each weapon, quick use small medipack, quick use large medipack, quick save, quick load, FPS toggle, and bilinear filter toggle.
  • Remove the two column control menu and change to a scrolling list to fit all the new keybinds. (may be controversial but we can't fit all of them into the old controls page)
  • Lock controls when navigating the controls menu to prevent quick medipack usage, toggling the FPS, toggling bilinear filter, using cheats, etc... while rebinding keys.

Here's a video of the first set of changes in action:
https://streamable.com/560245

In the future, this groundwork will allow for a reset all current custom controls to default button, allow controller remapping, and allow for truly custom keys. In TR1, keys like ALT, which are the default keybind for jumps, will still have an effect on the game even if the user has chosen custom controls and has not mapped the ALT key to anything. I also want to explore the option to unbind non essential controls like T1M's camera movement keys. This is an important accessibility feature IMO, so it will be a lot of work / changes, but the goal is to have truly customizable controls which will be a big benefit to all players.

Last edited by nickp364; 10-11-22 at 20:34.
nickp364 is offline   Reply With Quote