View Single Post
Old 07-08-13, 18:52   #103
Bishop Knight
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Now of course there are people who closely follow the series but don't register here.
I was one of them for years. I would pop in and see what everyone was talking about and looking for news, but I never registered. But after seeing this latest installment, I was seriously disappointed at the direction they took the game. It was too much of a departure from what made TR, TR and what made Lara, Lara.

And, unlike friends who are not TR fans, I've been a repeat customer for years. Even buying the games for different platforms. And re-buying them on Steam. So, a fan will spend more on TR games and merchandise than non-fans. Also, fans do cosplay and art that keeps the franchise in the public's eye. Free advertisement basically. The enthusiasm draws others in. The franchise has made it to it's 10th game because of fans not the opposite.

That's why I get frustrated with "fans" who think the franchise has to become something else all together in order to sell. That's a bunch of garbage. I think most games sell below targeted sales figures. That doesn't mean the model is bad and needs to be completely revamped. It just means that not every game is going to appeal to all audiences and there for game developers need to accept that. That's why I like indy game companies. Their focus is on the product and not purely on sales figures. They aren't trying to appeal to everyone.

Last edited by Bishop Knight; 07-08-13 at 19:06.
Bishop Knight is offline   Reply With Quote