View Single Post
Old 15-12-18, 10:59   #464
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDSpike View Post
I don't like it. Something's off and I don't know what it is exactly, it just looks... wrong and cluttered. :/
Indian temples generally are very "cluttered", replete with rich religous carvings and iconography, but I do notice one thing as a constructive criticism; there's something about that irregular stonework between the columns that resembles Andean architecture way more than South Asian.

It would work fairly well if you were re-mastering TR1's Peru levels, but for India I think large but regular (albeit worn and ruined-looking sure) stone blocks would look a bit more accurate, probably laid flat so they're longer than they are tall, with ornate carvings in many places (although aaalll the carvings might look a little too busy and be extremely time-consuming for you to attempt realistically re-creating that here).

On the columns you got it absolutely perfect, that looks like a real Hindu temple, it's the walls in between that could use a little update.

See here - even when the temples are old and quite ruined, you can see the stones are fairly regular in size and shape, they don't tend to haphazardously throw rocks of vaying shapes and sizes right next to eachother like the Inca did;

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 15-12-18 at 11:27.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote