View Single Post
Old 14-06-19, 16:58   #57
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I'm not disagreeing that the sales declined, that's natural in a series,(especially if they're pumped out annually at the time) but to blame it on the formula isn't correct, when AOD if finished would have been a huge jump up in the formula. But it failed because it wasn't finished.
I disagree. AoD is the same formula, with prettier graphics and rpg elements. One thing that I liked with AoD and give it credit was how they FINALLY tried to make Lara an actual multidimensional personality, but imo they failed miserably and ended up making her mostly unlikeable due to how she acts throughout the game (even if it was (debatably) justifiable with what happened to her). That, and a more cinematic approach and more interesting story (though, I disliked he running away from the police stuff, proving her innocence while killing in the process).
In the end, crappy controls aside, AoD was simply a prettier classic TR game to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Because they have Tomb Raider and Lara Croft slapped on their games. As I said, it's possible Tomb Raider could have been given to someone else if CD had stopped after Underworld and done a new IP.
And that someone else would also do something different than the classics. Eidos didn’t put the franchise in other developer’s hands for it to make the same old that stopped selling. Otherwise, if it was to do the same, it would have stayed in Core’s hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Surely it wasn't up to CD to just stop making TR after TRU, but down to SE. Presumably SE were the ones that made the choice for CD to continue but at some point a decision was made for the reboot to happen.
Exactly. Just as I am certain it was Eidos’ orders for Crystal to make LAU.

Last edited by Vaskito; 14-06-19 at 17:00.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote