View Single Post
Old 19-01-20, 21:35   #414
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
We’ll just agree to disagree then I guess. I don’t personally consider them puzzles, but I understand your reasoning behind your opinion. And again, I absolutely agree that the traps are more challenging. I just don’t agree that they’re puzzles. But again, just my opinion on it. And who even cares what I think? Haha
I think it's hard to argue that they're puzzle-ish, and even you seem to agree with that when you say you "understand" the "reasoning". Many things in classic TR are like puzzles, from the exploration to the platforming. Combat is a small part that wasn't like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
People play games to have fun - most people at least.
Fun is subjective.
Quote:
I do agree that TR2013 had too much combat - but SOTTR had too little. ROTTR was the perfect balance. Along with the stuff that was added in SOTTR, it would be perfect.
I played RotTR. It had too much combat.
Quote:
SOTTR did a lot of good in regards to the older TR games, which are simply dismissed over here,
I agree that the evolution shouldn't be dismissed.
Quote:
The formula will most likely be slightly overhauled by TR4, and what I think it makes more sense to hope, is that they continue the work made with SOTTR, wich was already the start of the middle ground between current and past TR. But looking at the picture, and from a business point of view, it's just hard to tell right now.
I considered SotTR the end of the middle-ground and I fully expect them to have their reboot version of classic TR and reboot version of classic Lara in the coming TR4. They should.