View Single Post
Old 26-03-20, 11:08   #10419
Dermahn
Inactive

I've been active in various Skype and Discord TRLE servers over the last decade and there have definitely been toxic moments but I think it's been calming down over the years as we've all been getting older. I don't know how it is in other Tomb Raider Discord servers but the TRLE server I'm a member of is generally pretty calm. There have definitely been moments where people have complained about things posted here but I don't think they are the norm nor are they a reason why I would leave the server.
I understand that it can be a bit of a shock to come from this subforum, where people generally post nice things about your work, into a community where people tend to be more open about their thoughts.
I think some amount of 'toxicity' is to be expected in any community. If you walk in anywhere and expect it to be all sugar and rainbows, I think that's quite naive.
This subforum hasn't always been this nice either. A long time ago you were yelled at for asking simple questions, like how to create a water room. And don't forget the recent drama surrounding the latest Create a Classics competition.
I'm not here to defend the actions of other people. Just throwing my thoughts out.
Dermahn is offline   Reply With Quote