View Single Post
Old 22-10-19, 02:48   #18055
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Okay, starting to feel that I should go to the "Unpopular Opinion" thread and say that I think Reboot Lara's character development from across each game actually made sense, especially in SotTR.

Would have been better if the reboot sequels weren't connected to Lara's origin story? Absolutely. Especially RotTR's lack of character progression would have benefited from it, but even SotTR would have benefited for its more nuanced growth, instead of the "BAM" the end of a origin trilogy needs.

But as in the mental place Lara would have been at the time of each game, considering what happened before? Yes, I personally think reboot Lara was exactly where she was supposed to be in each game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Honestly, I think you and me are the only ones that share this opinion

I'm even pretty defensive about her growth in Rise. I think it was pretty minimal but I think it was there.

My stance is that considering it's only been 2-3 years in the reboot timeline, her growth is actually pretty realistic. The reboots biggest problem, for me, is that they didn't do a timeskip.
agreed with the both of you. survivor lara's growth was good imo. it was just the stories surrounding it that sucked lol
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote