www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 29-11-15, 15:22   #281
Mr GaGa
Relic Hunter

Omg did someone really get nasty with Brian after he paid us a visit to say he's happy about the game he made? Sigh I really liked your game Brian, one of the best this year and it deserves all the awards and Scores its gotten. Look forward to the next installment. . Wish you guys well at the video game awards
Old 29-11-15, 15:40   #282
BrianHortonArt
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
I can see where youre coming from; and to be honest, I kinda respect you for being the only person around here who challenged him a little bit. But theres a right way to do it, and a wrong way to do it... and you had one foot in the wrong...
Keep in mind, Brian didnt ink this deal. His concern is just making the game...

When he says hes happy about the game, thats not a lie. Hes happy about the game he made, regardless of its exposure. And based on what little ive seen, and the reviews; it looks fantastic... shame I cant play it yet....

Had I not been sick in bed the past two days, I would have thrown in my two cents;
While its great that the game seems to be solid... its kind of strange to me to be jumping in the forum, into a thread about the sales numbers, and saying everythings all gravy...
Everything is NOT all gravy

This game came up 800k short of the reboots sales numbers...
Its not about the numbers!
Thats possibly 800k people who wanted to buy/play this game week one, and couldnt... because they dont own a MS console... Myself included...
Thats NOT a good thing... thats a bad thing...

That should be the primary concern... that there are hundreds of thousands of people left out of the party...

While I understand that there are still certain agreements that must be stuck to; one can always use clever language to communicate with people. And at this point, im sure there are a lot of people out there like me, that still feel completely in the dark, and not communicated with...
...And popping in to pat yourself on the back about award noms and about looking forward to the 20th anniversary, next year; kinda feels patronizing...

It reminds me of the original announcement; "Hey, you can still play the D.E. or Temple of Osiris!"
I didn't mean to go off topic or patronize, but there was suggestion in the thread that the reported sales numbers reflect poorly on the dev team. Square/Microsoft are happy with Crystal and Eidos Montreal and the game itself. As to the topic of sales, I'm unqualified to discuss it so I won't have anything else to say on this thread. Much love TRF and happy holidays.
BrianHortonArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-15, 15:43   #283
Emix
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHortonArt View Post
I didn't mean to go off topic or patronize, but there was suggestion in the thread that the reported sales numbers reflect poorly on the dev team. Square/Microsoft are happy with Crystal and Eidos Montreal and the game itself. As to the topic of sales, I'm unqualified to discuss it so I won't have anything else to say on this thread. Much love TRF and happy holidays.
But please say something about PC version! lol
Are you already working on it or you will after you finish with the DLC work? Will Nixxes help you with PC port? Many ppl want to know something about it.

Thank you and happy holidays to you and everyone at CD.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-15, 15:46   #284
Dream
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHortonArt View Post
Ere' mate can you teach me how to art good?

Don't worry about it mate, All of us go off topic (especially me, don't ya'll be givin me side eye and shade now I can admit it) so don't even sweat it.

Happy holidays, Your game looks really nice and your art is inspiring have a good one! Cheers!
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-15, 15:50   #285
Mr GaGa
Relic Hunter

Welp hope you all here are proud of yourselves . If I wasn't so sure I'd get an infraction point, I'd give some of you a piece of my mind. Done ran away another official person

Last edited by Mr GaGa; 29-11-15 at 15:51.
Mr GaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-15, 16:04   #286
BigR4444
Gold Contributor

*...Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
But please say something about PC version! lol
Are you already working on it or you will after you finish with the DLC work? Will Nixxes help you with PC port? Many ppl want to know something about it.
Were not gunna get anything... and thats the biggest problem I have with whats going on...
These issues arent getting answered.... they arent even being touched on...

Theyre being ignored completely...

I dig the fact that Brian came on here... he saw something he didnt like, and he felt the need to jump in and comment... that kind of passion is what I would hope for. Unfortunately, its long overdue, and for the wrong reason. People picking on the game for its sales, at least, the majority of us, dont have the quality of the game itself in mind, but rather the idea that most fans cant enjoy said awesome experience. THATS whats bothering me... and THATS what should have spurred Brian to come in and say something. Because THAT should be the main thing bothering him, and everyone else... not one guy making an off color comment 3 weeks after the games release....
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-15, 16:09   #287
Emix
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
*...Sigh...

Were not gunna get anything... and thats the biggest problem I have with whats going on...
These issues arent getting answered.... they arent even being touched on...
Maybe they still can't talk about it even on forums? Maybe it's part of the contract?

Yeah since announcing that game is coming to PC and PS4 nothing, but really nothing was said about that. And so many ppl have many questions, it's really... weird but i understand them if they are not allowed to talk about it, it's not their fault, maybe they would but there's MS/SE.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-15, 16:11   #288
Evan C.
Tomb Raider

Ya'll discuss, me plays so happy.
Old 29-11-15, 16:14   #289
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. View Post
That's because unlike you we don't have Xbone so we don't get to play.
Old 29-11-15, 16:14   #290
Dream
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. View Post
Hahaha! That's awesome man, Hope you have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
Maybe they still can't talk about it even on forums? Maybe it's part of the contract?

Yeah since announcing that game is coming to PC and PS4 nothing, but really nothing was said about that. And so many ppl have many questions, it's really... weird but i understand them if they are not allowed to talk about it, it's not their fault, maybe they would but there's MS/SE.
I agree actually. He's probably under orders not to release that information at all.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote