Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 21-10-15, 18:59   #31
psiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordyga View Post
I finally finished the game this summer so I'm fully ready for the next adventure I would really like you to name the locations in the screenshot
Yes, get ready well, you can spot a "direction" in Demigod's signal in latest FMV at the end of season1 And this is the biggest spoiler I can give

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
I remember waiting for this day as well since the moment I saw it in the movie, but without this notification I wouldn't realize it's today. I believe if all the people were as creative as you and put their time into science instead of war, we would have had these flying skateboards and cars already.
I wish that was true not everyone decides to share his own life as a contribute to the comunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian View Post
Those are some beautiful shots, Psiko!
Feels quite strange knowing that this very day was once "the future" in a certain story.
thank you Who knows, maybe quantum physics will allow a space-time continuum travel, one day At least in the form of quantic informations..
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-16, 01:08   #32
psiko

Today is April 21st 2016, so my latest released levelset, "HyperSquare" is two years old today. As many of you might know, I like to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, special dates and "round numbers" (for instance 10.000 downloads, my own 1000th/2000th.. post in a forum or thinkgs like those).

So, here's my update for today

HyperSquare season 2 will start exactly the right moment after HSs1 finished. I decided to give players some very "ancient" and well known type of locations (for instance, similar to tr3's india levels but do not expect remakes), and some references to official Core games that I inserted inside part of season 2. Furthermore, I link my story to the second TR movie, "The Cradle of Life". Season 2 will be a bit hard again, but people already know this, people already expects this, and furthermore, "people who played s1 will play s2": I really cannot see why should happen the viceversa... so probably I will have less players, but the ones who didn't finish or enjoy s1, would probably pass by to another eccellent release from another author of ours

This post is mainly to announce that I finished the job I needed to do on the levels, or to say it shortly: I finished the levels I had to built for season 2. But actually only half of one still needs to be done, but it won't take too long. So, the job I still need to do, and I will start very soon, is all involved into the making of the many fmv's to tell the story of HSs2 (the script is almost finished already).

In those days I am working on "Link12", which is the package of files that will be required if people would like to play HSs1 and HSs2 together as a whole game. All your previous savegames probably won't work, but I will do the most I could, at least to leave the last savegame of last level of HSs1 before the end of the game itself, still compatible with link12 after you install it.

The installation of the "whole game" should have to follow this order:
1) instal HSs1 in default folder
2) instal HSs2 in same folder (some files will be replaced)
3) instal Link12 in same folder (many files will be replaced)

In any case, a savegame will be provided at the end of s1 to start s2.

What is Link12 so? it's the "link" between s1 and s2 but will have all levels of s1 with all reported bugs fixed and, for the joy of many, an EASIER gameplay with lots of hints and helps. But I would like to emphatize that EASIER does not mean "absolutedly easy", so who loved HSs1 won't be disappointed by a game that tells you "every step" what to do and how to go on.

The following images are the screens I released during the past 2 years of development (some of them are not updated, some of them have changed, some of them are new), but mostly they are bigger resolution material previously released to help you remind this project, and to tease you a bit ^____^

They show shots in game, some of the used items (LGG_production helped my to build the golem), some plants in the shots are from Teme9 even if some of them already substituted, some items are from trsearch.org and I credit the whole site at once, so do not be offended if I do not recall everyone's contribute Finally, there are screens inside 3dsmax (with in-game illumination).

The last shot is from a Unity3d project where I imported one of the levels of HSs2, I have not created any special shader, but baked shadows

The next update will probably be when FMV's will be all finished and I should be almost ready to start the betatesting (I hope for the end of this year)

Enjoy

Last edited by psiko; 13-05-16 at 08:08.
Old 21-04-16, 09:13   #33
Titak

Great update, psiko!
Good to hear the levels are nearly finished.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-16, 10:50   #34
Alex Fly
Inactive

My jaw dropped after seeing these screenshots...
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-16, 12:04   #35
DJ Full

I love this one. It seems like Hyperuranians have solved the pollution problem - send all the trash back in time, brilliant!

Last edited by DJ Full; 21-04-16 at 12:05.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-16, 12:06   #36
rufierto

Amazing!!!!
rufierto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-16, 12:43   #37
tomb2player

I like those black tubes on the last picture and this with garbages - are those "curvature of space-time" ?

Graphics seems to be way more detailed than TR6..

Last edited by tomb2player; 21-04-16 at 12:50.
tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-16, 12:54   #38
Ceamonks890

Woah, can't wait to explore those immersive environments soon enough And thank you so much Psiko, for adding in an easier difficulty option for us much less hardcore players. It means a lot, as I still do want to properly play through HyperSquare Season 1, but don't want to scream my lungs out all the time during frustrating gameplay sequences.

And I wouldn't personally worry all that much about the fandom for old-school Tomb Raider dying out, as there are still plenty of young ones discovering the TRLE community even today and enjoying the work you talented folks have put out over the past 10+ years(including some who've made their own mark within it).

Besides, who's to say a lot of the 'old guard' aren't gonna introduce the Core TR games, to our own kids at some point in future and continue the legacy? Heck, there's a reason retro/indie games are becoming more popular after all, with each passing day

Last edited by Ceamonks890; 21-04-16 at 12:56.
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-16, 18:00   #39
psiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Great update, psiko!
Good to hear the levels are nearly finished.
thank you, it's very kind to hear your opinion, and I am very grateful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
My jaw dropped after seeing these screenshots...
Maybe I showed too much, but at least I am still keeping some more secret, especially some of the new gameplay features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Full
I love this one. It seems like Hyperuranians have solved the pollution problem - send all the trash back in time, brilliant!
lol, this would be a great idea, but if you steal mass from Earth (as if it disappeared completely in a new dimension), its distance from the Sun would increase... maybe it's a side solution for the global warming XD
That is part of a bidonville, btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufierto View Post
Amazing!!!!
thanks, I hope you'll enjoy s2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomb2player View Post
I like those black tubes on the last picture and this with garbages - are those "curvature of space-time" ?

Graphics seems to be way more detailed than TR6..
tr6 was great graphically, I wish I was as good as core designers, they are still inspiring after all this time I wonder if their environment artists are still working in game industry or not..
And yes, those are warped space-time continuum geometry, which is considered as an "element" in second part of HSs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceamonks890 View Post
Woah, can't wait to explore those immersive environments soon enough And thank you so much Psiko, for adding in an easier difficulty option for us much less hardcore players. It means a lot, as I still do want to properly play through HyperSquare Season 1, but don't want to scream my lungs out all the time during frustrating gameplay sequences.

And I wouldn't personally worry all that much about the fandom for old-school Tomb Raider dying out, as there are still plenty of young ones discovering the TRLE community even today and enjoying the work you talented folks have put out over the past 10+ years(including some who've made their own mark within it).

Besides, who's to say a lot of the 'old guard' aren't gonna introduce the Core TR games, to our own kids at some point in future and continue the legacy? Heck, there's a reason retro/indie games are becoming more popular after all, with each passing day
I hope you are right So I won't desperate, after all..
Link12 will make things in HSs1 easier, but I still tend to let the player discover everything by himself, I still have to fight this temptation, lol, and find a balance
Old 22-10-16, 22:49   #40
Crazyboy124

Those screenshots look really good psiko.
Crazyboy124 is offline   Reply With Quote