www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 28-07-18, 13:21   #12931
sampiza
Explorer

Is there a command used to allow a text during a flyby? I saw something about this but i don't remember.
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-18, 13:35   #12932
Matie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampiza View Post
Is there a command used to allow a text during a flyby? I saw something about this but i don't remember.
This is the one:
Customize= CUST_TEXT_ON_FLY_SCREEN,ENABLED
Old 28-07-18, 16:05   #12933
sampiza
Explorer

It worked, thx!
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-18, 07:22   #12934
Joey79100
Professor

So, I wanted to try to fix a bug.
You know, when Lara is in waist-deep water, then you step up a 1-click block (so she has water at the ankles), she runs, then goes back in "waist-deep mode", playing all the wade animations with all the restrictions that come with it, and you have to jump up to get the engine to realize she's not in waist-deep water anymore.

So I wanted to try to fix that bug.
There's a variable that says where Lara is, it is the "Lara. Environment where lara is" of the Savegame Memory zone, so we need to change the value it holds ourselves when Lara isn't in deep water anymore. When she's in waist-deep water, the value is 2, and in normal conditions it's 0.
When Lara is going from 2-clicks deep water to 1-click deep water, she plays the stepping up animations while running (animations 55 or 56, depending on the foot that's in front). So I figured I'd set the environment value to 0 whenever these animations play.
This is what I've come with:
Code:
Animation=	56, IGNORE, IGNORE, FAN_PERFORM_TRIGGER_GROUP, ENV_FRAME_NUMBER, 1, IGNORE, -55, -56
					; IF Lara is playing animations 55 or 56 (step up a 1-click block while running)
TriggerGroup=	56, $2000, 246, $8, >	; THEN Tell the engine she's not in the water anymore
		>		  	; (Variables. Memory. Set in <"Lara. Environment where lara is">Savegame Memory the ("0")Value)
	  	$2000, 355, $A07	; FLASH BLUE
The idea is good because it works. My issue, is that the TG plays only once in the level, after that it never triggers anymore. I can see that because of the flash trigger that I've added.
Any idea what the issue could be? It's not meant to happen once, but every time these animations play, and I can't see where I screwed up in my script.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it working with a GT (I probably did something wrong before, because I initially tried that way but it didn't work at all).
Code:
GlobalTrigger=	56, IGNORE, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, IGNORE, 55, 56, IGNORE
TriggerGroup=	55, $8000, 55, $1E, >		; IF Lara is playing animation 55
		TGROUP_OR + $8000, 56, $1E	; OR Lara is playing animation 56
TriggerGroup=	56, $2000, 246, $8		; THEN Tell the engine she's not in the water anymore
					  	; (Variables. Memory. Set in <"Lara. Environment where lara is">Savegame Memory the ("0")Value)
Have to check for bugs though, to be sure it doesn't conflict with anything (like, if you step up and step down just after).

Last edited by Joey79100; 04-08-18 at 08:13.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-18, 08:51   #12935
Titak

^
Good one!
Old 04-08-18, 11:27   #12936
Krystian
Archaeologist

@Joey79100:
It's great that you finally solved this bug, as it was also bugging me. pardon the pun
But what about the situation where the pool floor slopes up from a 2-click to a 1-click deep pool, does this also fix the problem? If I'm not mistaken, Lara doesn't play this "stepup" animation in this case, so the particular solution may not solve this other case where the bug occurs...

I'm convinced that Core screwed up with the water-depth value condition for the change of wading to running (If I were to place a bet they put 255 instead of 256, as you can see that the wade-to-run change occurs the moment Lara crosses a submerged slope going from 1 click deep to 0 clicks from an almost perpendicular direction).
If one were to somehow find this value to the condition and switch it to 256, it should fix all these issues entirely. Should be possible with patches supplied in a plugin.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-18, 12:40   #12937
Joey79100
Professor

I'm not sure I understand what values you're thinking about.
But you could check TR3's source code, it probably has your answer.

And no, it doesn't fix it for the bug when Lara is just going up a slope. I haven't thought of a way to fix that one.
The step-up one just felt like it was needed (and easy to do), cause you know there is no confusion possible, she should be running, and you see her running first and then "plunging" again and that was really annoying me.
Old 04-08-18, 14:54   #12938
Krystian
Archaeologist

^ I made a vid to describe it better:

You can see that when Lara runs into the 1-click water, she runs normally, nothing changes. Then, after going into water deeper than 1 click, she transitions to wading. This means that there must be a condition that decides that after surpassing a depth of 1 click (so over 256 units), Lara will go into wading mode. But Lara continues to wade when going back to the depth of 256 units exactly (even though she was able to run through that water before). This indicates that the condition to change from wading to running doesn't kick in after going back to a depth of 256, even though it should, based on the fact she is indeed able to run in such water when entering it from the dry floor.

Finally, the point I was talking about, when you just cross the border of a section where the depth is less than 256 units deep, Lara will finally go into running mode. This tells that the condition for it set as slightly less than 256 units, despite the fact that Lara should already be able to run at exactly 256 deep water.

I know that the other bug is more jarring and obvious, but I also find this bug annoying, because there is an inconsistency between entering a deeper water section and going back onto a knee-high water section
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-18, 15:17   #12939
Joey79100
Professor

Ahhh I get it! Indeed it looks like there's a one unit error in their condition. Or they used the "inferior/superior" operator instead of the "inferior/superior or equals".
I think even with TRNG it might be fixable: if she's wading (info from the savegame memory zone field), and she's in a water room that equals or is less than 1 click deep, then the field should be set to 0 (normal state).

EDIT: Erf, I thought TRNG had conditions to check the water level Lara's currently in, but it doesn't have it. At least no ENV_ constant checks that.

Last edited by Joey79100; 04-08-18 at 15:34.
Old 08-08-18, 12:28   #12940
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Anyway to fix this horrible shadow issue?
Trying to achieve a TR2 style flare system, and it looks OK, apart from thick shadows on Lara.
I did set a high intensity on the flare and the default room is dark - but I wasn't expecting the effect to be so jarring.

Is there any way to light Lara up more, like in TR2 (all of her is bright like the environment)
Or perhaps someway I can tweak the settings so the effect isn't as obvious?

Last edited by dcw123; 08-08-18 at 19:00.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote