Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 08-04-19, 10:22   #1
iWANEX
Golden

Default Your ideal Reboot Lara for the next game.

I just came across this image on twitter and I almost fainted because I thought it captured what I would like to see Reboot Lara look like in the next game perfectly. Since there's a good change we'll get to see her at least one more time, I thought it would be fun to post pictures of how we'd like to see her next.

iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 10:27   #2
Samz

Last edited by Samz; 08-04-19 at 10:29.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 10:29   #3
James_Rutland

I love her look in Shadow so much I'm not sure they can top it in the next one, it's the perfect (IMO) modernized TR1 Lara outfit. I want them to keep reboot Lara's look but with less fringe
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 10:29   #4
CroftManiac05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Saaaame <3
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 10:40   #5
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
I love her look in Shadow so much I'm not sure they can top it in the next one, it's the perfect (IMO) modernized TR1 Lara outfit. I want them to keep reboot Lara's look but with less fringe
According to the last photo they posted on Twitter, yes, her outfit can look better with just a simple recolor. That being said, I still love the default outfit from Shadow. Is one of the best ones we've had in a while.

And yes, that hair should just go. I feel like Shadow's hair is better than Rise's. Rise's was pretty awful. I really like the way she looks in TR2013 better.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 10:42   #6
killchan

killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 11:13   #7
Grimaldi

This face:

With Shadow's default shirt with shorts, backpack, dual pistols, axe and bow. Braid and muscles too.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 11:36   #8
biscuits

I dunno. I think it depends on whether Lara will be older or not. If the game takes place directly after Shadow, then like Grim, I would say have her model resemble the official TR13 renders. But with less fringe.

Or just build an entirely new face model. Shadow Lara looked stunning at times but I also thought she looked too mundane and normal. Like a Naughty Dog character. I think they should redesign the Classic attire. I'd love that.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 11:44   #9
Vaskito

I want them to keep her current face, maybe with some small tweaks, and her hair re-done. I want the ponytail to stay, but she needs to tidy up her hair a bit - I think it's time.

Other than that, personality wise I want her comics side to come out into the games. I think it would be perfect tbh.

Keep the muscles, and don't make them unrealistically inflated like the E3 trailer. They can tone them up slightly, but not overdo it.

And, I don't think they should change her height, but actually reduce every other character's height so Lara doesn't seem so small - though, I love how petite and dangerous she is
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 12:02   #10
Rai

Like Shadow only better. Better textures or whatever it's called. Definitely better hair. Get rid of the fringe that is too long to be a fringe and the side layers around and covering her face.

Clothes, I really don't care, I just prefer outfits to fit the situation. Maybe keep the Shadow default top with the Syria trousers. But Lara's outfits change all the time a default outfit doesn't work the same way anyway.

Accesories, bow and arrows, give her the duals because I know how much peeps want them, one axe. I'd say a backpack too, but I wouldn't want her to have too much clutter on her back. I am tired of all the numerous pouches though.

Personality: start with where she was at the end of Shadow and go from there. Maybe if they allow Lara to have some lighter moments and not have everything serious, they can take inspiration from the comics for what she's like there.

Killchan, you want Chloe Frazer? Hopefully there will be a new Uncharted game soon with her as the lead, so you'll get your wish.

Last edited by Rai; 08-04-19 at 12:40.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote