www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 13-05-18, 06:11   #41
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shing View Post
Cutscene is buggy in the emulated version (at the moment), but i like the shiny effect on Lara. Maybe it's too strong too, because of a bug, at least i didn't remember that effect on PS3 version (and lazy to check now).

Otherwise they didn't bother adding more effects to the PC version sadly... or most likely didn't have time. It's a pure PS2 game, using baked lighting/shadows, same resolution textures and barely any modern shaders. Nothing much to see sadly.

EDIT: Also thanks for the comparison, very good video.
Yep, they are buggy, some level elements' textures are also missing sometimes. For example, Tomb of Tihocan big room is totally messed up still, but it might be because of the upscaling in the emulator, I don't know. But it improved so much still December.
Yeah Lara is shiny like hell XD I also like that there are some real shadows, more visible bump maps, specular maps not unlike in the PC version.

And thank you, both of you, for your responses

Last edited by GFY2013; 13-05-18 at 06:12.
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-19, 21:16   #42
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Progress report, if someone is interested

So after one year, TRA runs perfectly on the emulator right now. No stutters, no lags. Like for real. Even shader compiling is really, really fast. The only one problem I noticed if the resolution is too high the emu will just close at picking up objects or when performing a headshot. I recorded a video, but unfortunately it got messed up somehow, and I don't understand how, I recorded 20 mins for nothing Anyway, I'll record more of course, and will post it here later. Some screenshots, 1080p, game was rendered at 1440p though. (99% of these were from the corrupted video)

Regarding the other 2 games of the Trilogy: By far, Legend is the most frustrating one: it has areas where the framerate dips to like 15ish, and sometimes when shaders are done compiling, textures wont appear, there will be just pure black textures instead. This can be solved by reloading, which is optional ofc. But some new areas look pure black.
Underworld has an average framerate of around 25fps, and sometimes lower, but there is no issue of black textures like Legend.

My RPCS3 settings:

if you're on Ryzen but not on W10 1903 enable thread scheduler!!! (not needed for Intel)

RPCS3 v0.0.6-8329-ad10eb39 Alpha | HEAD | Firmware version: 4.81
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core Processor | 12 Threads | 15.95 GiB RAM | AVX+

Last edited by GFY2013; 03-07-19 at 21:26.
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 00:31   #43
Deathly Karma
Historian

Omg I forgot all about this thread! Please upload gameplay, I love emulation and anniversary on PS3/Xbox 360 just looks a lot better than the PC version.
Old 05-07-19, 12:59   #44
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Lag only occurs sometimes when shader cache is being compiled. (See at the end) But not always. Other than that, the game runs perfectly.
Old 05-07-19, 19:52   #45
Deathly Karma
Historian

Thank you for recording this, I never noticed the white texture glitch on her hands before. I hope someone can fix that because it's really ugly.
Old 07-07-19, 11:16   #46
Maverin
Archaeologist

Not to rain on your parade, but I still see a lot of stutter and short lags all throughout the video. There are still some bugs too. It does look great, but I'd personally still pick the official PC version above this.
Old 07-07-19, 12:08   #47
Deathly Karma
Historian

Those lags go away after one or two playthroughs, almost any emulator from the ps2 era onwards needs to compile shaders, so the more you play a specific game, the less stutters and lag you'll get.
Old 07-07-19, 14:52   #48
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Not to rain on your parade, but I still see a lot of stutter and short lags all throughout the video. There are still some bugs too. It does look great, but I'd personally still pick the official PC version above this.
Interesting, cause the stutters not really show on on the FPS. Sometimes it dips into 28, but never further down. But I understand what you're saying, it will get even better as the emulator progresses.
Old 09-07-19, 16:20   #49
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

The reason why they remade TR1 was because TR1 is absolutely the 1 & only top rated Tomb Raider game that was already released from Core Design to begin with. And not only that, I think they wanted to avoid a sign of imitation how Core Design have developed their own TR1 game from their own perspective.

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 11-07-19 at 17:50.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 12:58   #50
New Dwight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
TR1 is absolutely the 1 & only top rated Tomb Raider game
Fact.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote