Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 12-09-19, 08:35   #121
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Why did you reply to my post about the advanced lighting and such then?
Mainly because it was a reply to my post lamenting the lack of a 360 port.

Your post asserted that the reason they didn't port it was that they couldn't, because of such advanced features.

They couldhave ported it, there's no reason to believe it wasn't possible. Rather, the reason was more practical. A lot of time, effort, and money for something that probably wouldn't make back even the development costs.

Last edited by Boobandie; 19-09-19 at 01:41.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 15:08   #122
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Mainly because it was a reply to my post lamenting the lack of a 360 port.

Your post asserted that the reason they didn't port it was that they couldn't, because of such advanced features.

They couldhave ported it, there's no reason to believe it wasn't possible. Rather, the reason was more practical. A lot of time, effort, and money for something that probably wouldn't make back even the development costs.
It wasn't a reply to your post, I just wanted to post more screens to look at Rise and Shadow. You got triggered and assumed I was coming for you. If I was coming for you, then I would have quoted you.

And that's true, they can't port the game. You keep saying port, but a port is not possible, which I've explained to you many times.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 15:19   #123
Portugalraider

To be fair, the game wouldn't *need* most of the more advance graphical features. Of course it wouldn't be a simple port (the Xbox 360 version of RotTR wasn't either), but at least from a visual side, with proper work it would be feasible.

The big "problem" here to me though, it would perhaps be Paititi, actually. The engine already struggles a bit with all the asset streaming in that area in the newer consoles, there is no way it would be able to do the same in the last gen consoles. It "could" work on something like the Switch due to the having much more RAM and modern CPU architecture compared to the previous gen, but even there I feel like it would need a very big optimization process to work properly on the console.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 15:30   #124
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
To be fair, the game wouldn't *need* most of the more advance graphical features. Of course it wouldn't be a simple port (the Xbox 360 version of RotTR wasn't either), but at least from a visual side, with proper work it would be feasible.

The big "problem" here to me though, it would perhaps be Paititi, actually. The engine already struggles a bit with all the asset streaming in that area in the newer consoles, there is no way it would be able to do the same in the last gen consoles. It "could" work on something like the Switch due to the having much more RAM and modern CPU architecture compared to the previous gen, but even there I feel like it would need a very big optimization process to work properly on the console.
Exactly, Shadow really pushed modern consoles to run this game. There is no way they could port it, they would have to rebuild it from the ground up like they did with Doom on Switch. A lot of the rendering and graphical tech is only possible on modern hardware, given how they constructed this things to begin with. For example lighting, lighting may look good in a lot of games, but developers actually have to use a lot of tricks in order get it it to appear in those ways. That's why Ray Tracing is a big deal because as it stands now there are a lot of tricks of the trade they have to do in order to make it look a certain way.

I also agree about Paititi, exactly how in the heck could they ever make that work on 360. That area is the biggest hub in TR and causes even my PC to lag at times. They have to force the player to walk in mud or tight crawl spaces a lot in that area since Paititi maxes out the rendering distance and rendering objects. They would have to drastically change that area into something unrecognizable and then 360 people would complain about them forcing people to get a new console by making the game ugly.
Old 12-09-19, 22:57   #125
Boobandie

Quote:
It wasn't a reply to your post, I just wanted to post more screens to look at Rise and Shadow. You got triggered and assumed I was coming for you. If I was coming for you, then I would have quoted you.

And that's true, they can't port the game. You keep saying port, but a port is not possible, which I've explained to you many times.
You did.

If you're going to lie, maybe not about something three pages back?

Last edited by Boobandie; 19-09-19 at 01:41.
Old 12-09-19, 23:39   #126
charmedangelin

Quote:
You did.

[IMG]https://www.tombraiderforums.com/picture.php?albumid=429&pictureid=13331[IMG]

If you're going to lie, maybe not about something three pages back?
Perhaps your on something because the last reply that I made was not quoted to you.

Quote:
I beleive it was here where i uploaded some examples of Rises lighting and reflections, I have some example from Shadow that look extremely life like and are unacheivable in Rise. Which is what makes this game so graphically demanding.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...10031258_1.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...30041407_1.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...30104245_1.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...20021814_1.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...30025639_1.jpg
Old 12-09-19, 23:45   #127
Boobandie

So you're saying after quoting me, saying Shadow couldn't be ported because of the amazing lighting engine and reflections, your posting screenshots of said amazing effects and reflections during a conversation about a potential port, has nothing at all to do with that topic?

Last edited by Boobandie; 19-09-19 at 01:40.
Old 12-09-19, 23:47   #128
charmedangelin

Quote:
So you're saying after quoting me, saying Shadow couldn't be ported because of the amazing lighting engine and reflections, your posting screenshots of said amazing effects and reflections during a conversation about a potential port, has nothing at all to do with that topic?
No, I was speaking in general, I had no more to say about your issue with the 360. I played the game, took some great shots, and felt like sharing them to show case the effects and the demand this game has.

I really don't get why your so anal about Shadow not being on 360, 360 is a dead console, dead in the water and will never be supported by any company again ever.
Old 13-09-19, 06:58   #129
TR1249

Just get with the time grandpa. There won't be any X360 ports, especially when we're close to the new generation. Pathetic to even spam the forums with this kind of nonsense.
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-19, 07:24   #130
SoraSakai
Inactive

Technically speaking, yes. A port could’ve been done.

But timing wise and financially speaking it would make no sense.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote