www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 14-11-19, 00:39   #15171
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I don't think they will change the date. James Bond opens in February and they have shot the movie in summer. Uncharted opens in December 2021 and they will start filming in January ... Fantastic Beasts 3 also opens in November and they will start filming in January ...

I think that the whole sequel will be recorded in the London studios and they will only film the exteriors in some countries. That will make the movie faster and cheaper. If they start shooting in April / May they would end in August / September.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 14-11-19 at 00:44.
PinkyPromise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-19, 01:27   #15172
Child Of Ocean
Hobbyist

Red face

Mark Wahlberg will join the Uncharted film as Sully. The filming of it starts the beginning of next year and it will release next Christmas.
I hope it will be a success. If it really become a success, maybe peopleís faith towards video-game-based films will be restored
Old 14-11-19, 01:28   #15173
SoraSakai
Professor

It’s plenty of time for filming. What are y’all screeching about?
Old 14-11-19, 02:02   #15174
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Of Ocean View Post
Mark Wahlberg will join the Uncharted film as Sully. The filming of it starts the beginning of next year and it will release next Christmas.
I hope it will be a success. If it really become a success, maybe people’s faith towards video-game-based films will be restored
Sorry to rain on your parade, but this doesn't have anything to do with Tomb Raider. Uncharted has a thread in the video game section.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...0524&page=1130

Last edited by Rai; 14-11-19 at 02:07.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-19, 02:44   #15175
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Sorry to rain on your parade, but this doesn't have anything to do with Tomb Raider. Uncharted has a thread in the video game section.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...0524&page=1130
Tomb Raider and Uncharted are both upcoming video game adaptations, he’s bringing it up for the sake of comparison. The success of the Uncharted film could raise people faith towards investing in video game adaptations. Meaning: It could also impact the success on potential future installments in the TR film series. You can disagree with that, but it’s still a possibility. That is kinda how the film and entertainment industry operate.

This isn’t the first time you’ve done this either and it’s bizarre. Once you told someone not to post their thoughts on the “river rapids” scene from Bird Box even though they were explicitly comparing the very similar scene in TR2018.

Sometimes, other films will be mentioned for the sake of comparison. This reply was a little passive-aggressive and I don’t believe you’re not aware as to why the person mentioned Uncharted’s upcoming film.

Last edited by SoraSakai; 14-11-19 at 02:47.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-19, 07:48   #15176
JayB_1988
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
I don't think they will change the date. James Bond opens in February and they have shot the movie in summer. Uncharted opens in December 2021 and they will start filming in January ... Fantastic Beasts 3 also opens in November and they will start filming in January ...

I think that the whole sequel will be recorded in the London studios and they will only film the exteriors in some countries. That will make the movie faster and cheaper. If they start shooting in April / May they would end in August / September.
I hope the movie does not look cheap and fast, too. The first one did in my opinion :/
Old 14-11-19, 07:59   #15177
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB_1988 View Post
I hope the movie does not look cheap and fast, too. The first one did in my opinion :/
I don't think the first one was cheap there was much more pratical effect/real sets and also some great shots using not too much CGI.
Old 14-11-19, 08:55   #15178
JayB_1988
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I don't think the first one was cheap there was much more pratical effect/real sets and also some great shots using not too much CGI.
There were so much CGI used and it looked fake and bad. I hope they donít make the same kind of effects...
Old 14-11-19, 09:31   #15179
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

TR 2001 have a lot of real set. TR 2018 not. Even the Island was CGI to simulate that South Africa was Japan (with a very poor result)
PinkyPromise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-19, 09:38   #15180
joona
Historian

It didnít look that bad... It was fine. Much polished than in the first trailer haha. The tomb set was impressive and that boat too. Wish they showed more of the tomb though!
joona is offline   Reply With Quote