www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 10-12-19, 16:30   #31441
dcw123
Relic Hunter

I saw (what I hope are) key locations in the trailer.. That section with all the zombies ("I can't fight them all!") you can see electric pylons in the back.. The substation!

Hoping she can also explore the RPD and surrounding areas like RE2 and original re3.

You can also notice a map of Raccoon in the Pre Order screenshot.
It labels key locations - though I couldn't see any apart from the substation which stood out (as in original - newspaper building, RPD, Restaurant)
so hoping they don't cut it down too much.
I noticed the trolley area has been made into what looks like a proper train station this time around - suppose it makes more sense.

Raccoon looks too much like a modern city this time around (the sections with the helicopter etc) instead of the smaller midwestern town it was
(more low rise buildings, hardly any highways or skyscrapers)
This looks like its taken a lot from the movies idea of the city

Its just.. different is all. Not entirely bad.
Hope they try and keep it close to the source material though this time - more than RE2 did towards the end (the lab wtf)

They better keep the clock tower, Park and dead factory areas.
I can almost see it desolve into a generic laboratory area like 2 did..
dcw123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 16:38   #31442
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
Positive Points I noticed:

- Jill still gets offered (or finds) a side pack to enlarge her inventory. She may get one inventory increase instead of several.

- Much of the areas are pretty different, but the Trolley still exists.

- There are more survivors running around. Before, you just had that one lady who died shortly afterwards.

- Brad still warns Jill about Nemesis. However, they're in the streets and not in a bar.

- Jill is still at the garage, so she's probably going to be running around town again looking for stuff.

- Carlos is still oblivious to Umbrella being the bad guys. Jill even exclaims "You guys are the one's who caused all of this."

- Brad has his canon outfit.

- Brain suckers!

- There's a helicopter crash (Clock Tower?)

- Handgun, shotgun, and assault rifle are still in the game.

Negative Points:

- I can't really recognize any area except RPD. It looks like "Generic City 1003."

- The story looks to play out quite differently. Jill is looking in the mirror as though she's infected or fearing infection, which makes no sense because she only gets infected later, becoming incapacitated. It feels a little on the nose.

- Carlos lost his over-the-top accent. #iMourn

- They don't really show Nemesis.

- Jill doesn't have her Samurai Edge, even though the model exists in RE2, and it's canonical for her to have it. Instead, she uses a glock.

- The classic outfits are pre-orders. She still has a skirt and boots on.

I think she's worried because in the outbreak series (and Resident evil 2), it's established that the virus got into the city's water supply.

I'm kinda hoping maybe she starts with the Glock due to getting suspended or something, with the Samurai Edge being found in the Police Station as a more powerful but less bullets before reloading alternative.

Last edited by Samz; 10-12-19 at 16:41.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 17:08   #31443
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

I'm so ready for this!

The only thing is that they said it's going to be more action focused than Resident Evil 2, so I hope that this doesn't mean Resident Evil 4/5/6 levels of action...
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 17:22   #31444
noonbob
Professor

I'm like whatever. I guess it's because of how RE2R played out and I see this doing the same.
Random thoughts...

- Brad is ugly.
- Mikhail looks like Bill from L4D
- Do not like Carlos's voice
- Not liking the script/dialogue, like RE2R it does not fit the situation
- Jill's outfit is just how I thought it would be
- Not feeling Jill's VA, like someone said it's too high
- Love Jill's Classic outfit but Carlos looks like Enrico without the mustache
- The city looks basic and linear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Also LMAO @ Capcom bundling Project Resistance in with RE3, they knew no one was going to buy it on it's own.
Exactly and people commenting like "oh that was your plan all along". Really? Of course they wanted this to be a solo project.
They've only thrown it into RE3R because of the negative response and I guess they did not want to waste their efforts.
Plus they'll still be able to sell stupid add-ons for those people that will enjoy it. I won't be surprised if they cut mercenaries mode or some other extra mode related to RE3 because of it.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 17:28   #31445
rewak
Professor

I love the message video they put up where they said they got a lot of positive feedback from the Resistance beta. Yeah I'm sure you did

I like the little tease in the trailer that Jill might be infected from the start. It felt a little throwaway in the original where Nemesis got her then Carlos just got a vaccine and that was it, no harm done. Seeing her going through the effects of the virus could be really cool.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 17:29   #31446
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Listened to the 'Feel The Tension' remade music - not impressed.

I mean, like RE2 Remake it will fit the game - but thats only cause its a shell of its former self.
Nearly all the melody is gone and all that remains is the droning bass line.
It still sounds scary, but lacks character (much like outfits, VA etc)

I'm gonna love this remake for sure - but it doesn't hold a candle to the original and never will IMO

As long as they don't **** up the Nemesis themes I'll be fine - Operation RC had a good remix and the DS Chronicles did some nice work too
I'd want more of that..
Hoping they release a classic SFX/Music pack like RE2 - it made the game 10x better I think.
Fans will undoubtedly mod the game to bits anyway
dcw123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 17:37   #31447
noonbob
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I love the message video they put up where they said they got a lot of positive feedback from the Resistance beta. Yeah I'm sure you did

I like the little tease in the trailer that Jill might be infected from the start. It felt a little throwaway in the original where Nemesis got her then Carlos just got a vaccine and that was it, no harm done. Seeing her going through the effects of the virus could be really cool.
They did? I cut the video before that part started.

Where can you hear the remade theme?

Last edited by noonbob; 10-12-19 at 17:58.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 17:48   #31448
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

I loved everything I feel so happy, I also love the fact that Project Resistance is now multiplayer mode for RE3make. Sad thing is that Mercs was probably cut in favor of it.

The only disappointment I have so far is that the classic costumes are pre order bonus. I can't believe companies are still doing this annoying bull**** of having zero unlockables and they are reduced to download only which is what I hate most bc it's not satisfactory at all.. quite the opposite in fact.

Still I have no doubts it is going to be an amazing game but I will be butthurt bc of this for a long while and I will let the world know I do not support that and I never will. The next games better stop with that ****ing ****.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 10-12-19 at 17:51.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 17:50   #31449
redfox45
Archaeologist

I'm loving the fact that they replaced her little skirt.

If anything I wish they went way further and totally overhauled her outfit.
It's a last desperate attempt to escape Racoon City and she's a member of the special forces. Is that the most appropriate thing she she had in her wardrobe?

Lemmie see something akin to what Ada was wearing in Assignment Ada (RE4) now THATS some DLC I'd fork out for.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 18:52   #31450
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
I'm loving the fact that they replaced her little skirt.

If anything I wish they went way further and totally overhauled her outfit.
It's a last desperate attempt to escape Racoon City and she's a member of the special forces. Is that the most appropriate thing she she had in her wardrobe?

Lemmie see something akin to what Ada was wearing in Assignment Ada (RE4) now THATS some DLC I'd fork out for.
Same, idk about full on tactical gear, but I would like Jill being apart of stars/police to be reflected more in her outfit.

I would've had Jill wear a white zip up hoodie over her blue tube top with a little stars logo on the breast or the back of the sweat shirt. (with her taking off the hoodie later) I would've also added Jill's badge hanging from her neck like you sometimes see detectives wear. I think that would've been a cool "modernized" design that still keeps her connected with her old outfit and with stars, while making her appear a bit more prepared.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote