Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 15-12-19, 09:25   #29031
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
I did participate...
I don't see your name in any of the entries in any rounds, I'm talking about those participants, not people who are clearly against the screen comp continuing just because. Let's see what others think before just dismissing it.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 10:12   #29032
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I don't see your name in any of the entries in any rounds, I'm talking about those participants, not people who are clearly against the screen comp continuing just because. Let's see what others think before just dismissing it.
1. I voted. That’s still participating.
2. My reason wasn’t, “just because”. I said, that having an endless amount of rounds to a competition sort of diminishes the impact of winning. That’s a perfectly sound opinion.
3. They came into this thread, wondering why no one is responding to or seeming to post in the competition’s thread. All I did was suggest a reason as to why.

Maybe stop assuming everything I say is a vulgar attack, and just see it for what it actually is.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 10:58   #29033
Rai

You're right, your reasoning isn't just because, your previous posts came off as though you're bored of it and dismissive. I wouldn't call that a vulgar attack, I call it just dismissive.

I have given possible solutions to keep the comp going as well as possible reasons why people haven't taken part this round, that's why I don't want to just dismiss it. Someone has already given their reason why they can't take part this round. Things might change in a couple of weeks. Previously the screenshot comp was very popular, I'm hopeful it can be revived that's all.

Last edited by Rai; 15-12-19 at 19:05.
Old 15-12-19, 11:47   #29034
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
You're right, your reasoning isn't just because, your previous posts came off as though you're bored of it and dismissive. I wouldn't call that a vulgar attack, I call it just dismissive.

I have given possible solutions to keep the comp going as well as possible reasons why people haven't taken part this round, that's why I don't want to just dismiss it. Someone has already given there reason why they can't take part this round. Things might change in a couple of weeks. Previously the screenshot comp was very popular, I'm hopeful it can be revived that's all.
That’s fine, and of course if people post in it I would vote again like I have been. I wasn’t trying to just dismiss the entire thing, otherwise I would never pay any attention to it.

But I can’t vote if no one posts anything :S

So my posts were more of “This is the reason why people may have stopped?”

But obviously I don’t know.

Anyway I’m glad I could explain what I meant
Old 15-12-19, 13:43   #29035
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
2. My reason wasn’t, “just because”. I said, that having an endless amount of rounds to a competition sort of diminishes the impact of winning. That’s a perfectly sound opinion.
Untrue:

The OG screenshot competition stopped at the 266th round, a few months before the release of RoTR.
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=212199

Then there was the 'Meme it', which stopped after the 40th round, just before the release of SoTR.
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=221788

What I'm trying to say, those were a long time running community activity. It didn't stopped because people got bored, it stopped because the new games arrived, life happened.
I'm not trying to dismiss your opinion, because there might someone who did got bored of it, but not everyone.

Quote:
Maybe if it converted (back) to a more open comp, allowing for all games? It's what we had before. Or maybe there just aren't enough participants available to take part regularly.
Not everyone is aware of the this contest tho... or where is it located, if it's not in this subforum.(imo)

I agree, we should expand it to the other games: for example I found a working freecam for RoTR and I'm sure there is one for Yamatai too somewhere...

Last edited by Zsott; 15-12-19 at 13:45.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 17:44   #29036
laracroftswest

I think another challenge is the Competitions sub-forum isn't something people are looking for and is basically hidden. Was there an announcement about it? I just remember seeing it pop up one day.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 18:17   #29037
Kidd Bowyer

So, I just finished "Explore the Local Mysteries", and it's honestly one of the best character moments I've seen from Reboot!Lara. The conversation she has with Manu about just how exciting it was to see all those ancient engineering marvels, how she did her best to describe it in a way that he could visualize...
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 19:08   #29038
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Bowyer View Post
So, I just finished "Explore the Local Mysteries", and it's honestly one of the best character moments I've seen from Reboot!Lara. The conversation she has with Manu about just how exciting it was to see all those ancient engineering marvels, how she did her best to describe it in a way that he could visualize...
Is that the one with the blind man in San Juan? Yeah that is a very nice exchange Lara has.
Old 15-12-19, 19:34   #29039
Grizzly Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Bowyer View Post
Yes, most of the interaction Lara has in San Juan are great, like that local archeologist recognizing Lara or Lara talking to the children in the graveyard!
I wish we had more interactions like those...

Guys I was looking for a gameplay of that quest just to see it again because it's been such a long time since I played it and I found this:

I mean, seriously? Was it that difficult? Thank goodness I had survival instinct turned off because I didn't want to become like this person using it a million times and refusing to use his brain to solve that riddle...

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 15-12-19 at 19:51.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 21:29   #29040
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
Untrue:

The OG screenshot competition stopped at the 266th round, a few months before the release of RoTR.
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=212199

Then there was the 'Meme it', which stopped after the 40th round, just before the release of SoTR.
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=221788

What I'm trying to say, those were a long time running community activity. It didn't stopped because people got bored, it stopped because the new games arrived, life happened.
I'm not trying to dismiss your opinion, because there might someone who did got bored of it, but not everyone.

Not everyone is aware of the this contest tho... or where is it located, if it's not in this subforum.(imo)

I agree, we should expand it to the other games: for example I found a working freecam for RoTR and I'm sure there is one for Yamatai too somewhere...
Yeah, I had a feeling I was most likely wrong about it lol

But anyway, I hope it continues! I like voting and stuff. I just don’t post my own screenshot because I’m lazy haha