www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 14-12-19, 15:22   #71
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter
 
ThatSassyKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 8,444
Default

Half of the game has a really ugly appearance and really weak level design.
Too much combat in certain levels that would otherwise be pretty nice (I'm looking right at Barkhang and Floating Islands here)
__________________
Me: *breathes* Entire forum: ...
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-19, 19:48   #72
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: 空境の家で。SoraSakai’s House
Posts: 2,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
Half of the game has a really ugly appearance and really weak level design.
True %100! The only ‘sightly’ levels imho are Bartoli’s Hideout and Tibetan Foothills. Even its Gold counterpart beats the game in terms of beauty and scenery....
Quote:
Too much combat in certain levels that would otherwise be pretty nice (I'm looking right at Barkhang and Floating Islands here)
This made remember, Lara’s aiming at the monks automatically and shooting them by accident thus making all of them your enemies. What? Do they have telephones or something? They gossip so rapidly... Manual aiming a la TR4-5 would’ve helped...
__________________
Lana Crotch = Lora Crott = Laura Craft ≠ Lara Croft
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-19, 23:05   #73
Stryke
Hobbyist
 
Stryke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 77
Default

I was a bit put off by the story years ago. But it's actually very good. The only part I don't like in all the classics are the snow levels. I think TR2 is by far the worse. Only part I can stand is the rave music.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 17:08   #74
Kidd Bowyer
Hobbyist
 
Kidd Bowyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 38
Default

Eh, I actually love the hell out of TR2. That said, I do have one gripe:

Too many dudes with guns.

Lara's moveset is great for dodging around melee attackers, and enemies who throw semi-slow moving projectiles. But bullets? Nah.

Maybe there's something I'm missing, but it's always annoyed me how hard it is to not get hit in the back while swapping shots with an armed goon.
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 18:36   #75
Athukraz
Relic Hunter
 
Athukraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Clown Manor
Posts: 7,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Bowyer View Post
Eh, I actually love the hell out of TR2. That said, I do have one gripe:

Too many dudes with guns.

Lara's moveset is great for dodging around melee attackers, and enemies who throw semi-slow moving projectiles. But bullets? Nah.

Maybe there's something I'm missing, but it's always annoyed me how hard it is to not get hit in the back while swapping shots with an armed goon.
That's nothing. In TR4 you can't avoid the bullets at all. The ninjas immediately turn on the spot, and Lara doesn't keep locking on to them if they get out of her sight and are behind her unlike in TR1-3
__________________
Clown Movement 2019

Last edited by Athukraz; 15-12-19 at 18:37.
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 00:05   #76
Kidd Bowyer
Hobbyist
 
Kidd Bowyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 38
Default

To be fair, I haven't played 4 in a while, it could be worse. I'm just not sure what else I'd say I really hated in TR2...

Wait, nope, it just came back to me.

Skimobile jumping . Such a cool, aesthetically pleasing mechanic in theory, but holy crap, do I suck at it. In fact, back when I was a wee littl'un, I remember one time getting very scared during one of the later levels, to the point where I panicked and actually saved mid-skimobile jump.

Said jump had been horribly misjudged, so I basically locked myself into a loop of: Load, Then Explode.

Thank goodness that game let you reload from the start of a level...
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 08:41   #77
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: 空境の家で。SoraSakai’s House
Posts: 2,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Bowyer View Post
To be fair, I haven't played 4 in a while, it could be worse. I'm just not sure what else I'd say I really hated in TR2... Wait, nope, it just came back to me. Skimobile jumping . Such a cool, aesthetically pleasing mechanic in theory, but holy crap, do I suck at it. In fact, back when I was a wee littl'un, I remember one time getting very scared during one of the later levels, to the point where I panicked and actually saved mid-skimobile jump. Said jump had been horribly misjudged, so I basically locked myself into a loop of: Load, Then Explode.

Thank goodness that game let you reload from the start of a level...
And that is only for PS1 players...

How would you have felt if you saved at a terrible moment AND had no chance of replaying the level?
______________

What are these Christmas smileys?
__________________
Lana Crotch = Lora Crott = Laura Craft ≠ Lara Croft
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 15:57   #78
scion05
Tomb Raider
 
scion05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,949
Default

Great atmosphere, incredible sound design, excellent use of colour... pathetic gameplay. I want a re-edit with less humans.
__________________
Can't stop what's coming... Can't stop what is on it's way
scion05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-19, 13:32   #79
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: 空境の家で。SoraSakai’s House
Posts: 2,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scion05 View Post
Great atmosphere, incredible sound design, excellent use of colour... pathetic gameplay. I want a re-edit with less humans.
I can’t understand. People that accuse the reboot games of being linear praise this game. There’s a few branching linear corridors (aka like the reboot hubs), and you roam around to find a key and follow the other linear path until you get to the next hub.
__________________
Lana Crotch = Lora Crott = Laura Craft ≠ Lara Croft
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-19, 22:18   #80
Nerdy
Historian
 
Nerdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 448
Default

Wait what! I remember bare foot sound now!!!

No patch for that one ?

Last edited by Nerdy; 22-12-19 at 22:36.
Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.