www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 05-01-20, 15:07   #241
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
Not gonna happen, sorry.

At this point feature requests like these are best directed towards TR5Main.
You're saying that because it's not possible or because you don't want to?
It was just a question.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 05:37   #242
JMN
Explorer

Just too much effort as it will possibly require rewriting the inventory for the flat version. Not something I want to do at the moment, especially with TR5Main replacing it soon.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 07:37   #243
Gancian
Student

Quick question before I try this at home and f*** it all up.
I would like the ammunitions to stay visible in a separate ring, because I'm planning to make some customizable ammo through the combine command.
Is it possible for them to stay visible in the separate ring or will they automatically disappear when I pick up their respective weapon?
Old 09-01-20, 16:16   #244
JMN
Explorer

Normally ammo will disappear if their weapon has been picked up.

Check out the dev build in the first post. It adds an option on CUST_CINV_DISPLAY to keep ammo visible.

Dev build also has zoom for examinable items. Same keys used for binoculars.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 16:43   #245
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Really struggling with this one..

I'm after TR1-3 styles animated inventory guns - ie when you select them, they animate towards the screen and 'click'

I copied some guns over from TR2's original WADS and it doesn't seem to work - they just 'rotate' like the regular items and are stuck in their default pose (as if on the floor ready to be picked up)
I know others here have managed it, so I know its doable..

I got the ''revolver'' ie Dual guns to show up in Inventory just fine - however in the level, they don't show up at all.
I thought maybe it was an idle animation issue (as in wrong orientation and its under the floor geometry) in the Editor itself shows up fine.

EDIT: Textures the floor invisible to see underneath and surely - the guns were not there. All I could see was the small triangle (mesh0) even after using the script to show all meshes for the guns.
I got the animations to play correctly, now I just need to alter the orientation etc so they look OK

IIRC the TR1 Magnums by AoDFan as a way to solve the issue of pickup item ingame used 2 sets of the 2 guns (4 total) so they would show up on the floor in the level. However, this meant you would see 4 guns rotated around eachother in the inventory.
Still wouldn't really solve the issue for me - so looks like the only way would be to fake it like SirDaniel had to do - use another item then make it disappear and replace with the 'real' guns via flipeffects

Last edited by dcw123; 10-01-20 at 17:59.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 18:14   #246
TokyoSU
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Really struggling with this one..

I'm after TR1-3 styles animated inventory guns - ie when you select them, they animate towards the screen and 'click'

I copied some guns over from TR2's original WADS and it doesn't seem to work - they just 'rotate' like the regular items and are stuck in their default pose (as if on the floor ready to be picked up)
I know others here have managed it, so I know its doable..

I got the ''revolver'' ie Dual guns to show up in Inventory just fine - however in the level, they don't show up at all.
I thought maybe it was an idle animation issue (as in wrong orientation and its under the floor geometry) in the Editor itself shows up fine.

EDIT: Textures the floor invisible to see underneath and surely - the guns were not there. All I could see was the small triangle (mesh0) even after using the script to show all meshes for the guns.
I got the animations to play correctly, now I just need to alter the orientation etc so they look OK

IIRC the TR1 Magnums by AoDFan as a way to solve the issue of pickup item ingame used 2 sets of the 2 guns (4 total) so they would show up on the floor in the level. However, this meant you would see 4 guns rotated around eachother in the inventory.
Still wouldn't really solve the issue for me - so looks like the only way would be to fake it like SirDaniel had to do - use another item then make it disappear and replace with the 'real' guns via flipeffects
you need to use the MeshMask of the CUST_CINV_ITEM_MODEL, the value is probably 1+2 for draw mesh 1 and mesh 2 and ignore the 0, but use the default one instead of the AoDFan one. for the floor use the CINV_MODEL_IDLE, inventory is both CINV_MODEL_ACTIVE and CINV_MODEL_IDLE, and pickup is CINV_MODEL_PICKUP, you need to configure the 3 to have a working dual magnum/dual autopistols (the meshmask need to be the same value as upward or else it will cause draw problem)

Last edited by TokyoSU; 10-01-20 at 18:20.
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 18:36   #247
dcw123
Relic Hunter

The script doesn't work - everything else works but it still refuses to show up in the actual level itself as a pickup item.
AFAIK SirDanielPonces also confirmed this a few pages back..
Looks like I need the same solution.

Can't I edit the meshes to just use Mesh 0 (the triangle) so the guns appear all as one mesh? Or would this mess up the inventory. I might have to test and see if it works

If I wanted to be totally classic - can I remove the pickup spinning display as Lara picks an item up (used in TR4/5 only) so it looks more like TR1-3

Last edited by dcw123; 10-01-20 at 18:49.
Old 10-01-20, 18:52   #248
TokyoSU
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
The script doesn't work - everything else works but it still refuses to show up in the actual level itself as a pickup item.
AFAIK SirDanielPonces also confirmed this a few pages back..
Looks like I need the same solution.

Can't I edit the meshes to just use Mesh 0 (the triangle) so the guns appear all as one mesh? Or would this mess up the inventory. I might have to test and see if it works

If I wanted to be totally classic - can I remove the pickup spinning display as Lara picks an item up (used in TR4/5 only) so it looks more like TR1-3
the problem is that the weapon wont have select animation with only 1 mesh.
like i said pickup is hardcoded, you have 2 solution, first is FLEP (too old) or CINV_MODEL_PICKUP, just draw a empty item (transparent mesh) for each pickup in your level (you can do that in [TITLE] possibly to global the command)

Last edited by TokyoSU; 10-01-20 at 18:53.
Old 10-01-20, 20:16   #249
dcw123
Relic Hunter

^Thanks.. I got it working!

I think I already know what the answer is gonna be, but is it possible to remove certain parts of the text in the inventory..

Mainly to remove the 'Ammo' sections underneath each gun, only leaving the number (as in TR1-3)
I thought about just editing the string, but this could effect actual ammo items as well - if that would even change anything in the first place.. not sure

Sorry for all the constant questions, but lack of any real tutorials means learning this stuff is hard work...

I can't get the glasses, control keys or walkman to work - they show up and are named, they even zoom in when I press Action, but nothing else happens (no overlay of options, controls on window)

Here's the script I am using for one of them.. is anything missing (and yes all items are in their correct slots)

; ----- TR1-3 Glasses
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM, CINV_ITEM_NEW5, 180, IGNORE
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_RING, CINV_ITEM_NEW5, CINV_RING_OPTIONS, IGNORE
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_MODEL, CINV_ITEM_NEW5, CINV_MODEL_IDLE, ANIMATING2, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY, CINV_ITEM_NEW5,>
CINV_DISPLAY_IDLE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CINV_FALSE, IGNORE, 180, IGNORE, CINV_FALSE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE,>
CINV_DISPLAY_ACTIVE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CINV_FALSE, IGNORE, 180, IGNORE, CINV_FALSE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_ACTION, CINV_ITEM_NEW5,>
CINV_ACTION_EXIT_TO_TITLE, 180, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE

Last edited by dcw123; 10-01-20 at 20:30.
Old 11-01-20, 07:38   #250
TokyoSU
Historian

use CUST_CINV_TEXT with CINV_TXT_ITEM_AMMO_ACTIVE and CINV_TXT_ITEM_AMMO_IDLE, at the end you can disable it with CINV_FALSE

use CUST_CINV_LIGHTING for the inventory lightning (check the reference for more info)

for the glass key and sound, it's because of the CUST_CINV_ITEM_ACTION, use CINV_ACTION_OPTIONS instead and change 180 to IGNORE, in TR4 sound and config is in the same window

Last edited by TokyoSU; 11-01-20 at 07:42.