Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 21-01-20, 05:18   #15571
Ellioft

"Tomb Raider is an origin story film, so it can't be expected to have much in the way of tomb raiding, as Lara Croft hadn't yet found her calling. But the film's premise does reflect the absence of tomb raiding, and it becomes something more generic altogether.

If Lara Croft isn't tomb raiding, then she's a generic action heroine. The Angelina Jolie films are filled with all sorts of tomb raiding, including underwater temples. Heck, when Lara isn't raiding real tombs, she's got mock tombs set up in her house to practice on"

Well the Tomb Raiding in the AJ films are totally absent and that's an opinion shared even by the screenwriters.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-20, 08:15   #15572
SoraSakai
Inactive

I disagree.

I think the AJ films are both better than the 2018 film. Just me though.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-20, 09:53   #15573
PinkyPromise

Cambodia' part of TR 2001 is still my favorite part of all the TR movies. I can see some of the video game soul there ... for a few moments.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 21-01-20 at 09:55.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-20, 10:19   #15574
SnatchingEdges

I love the AJ movies. Everytime I go to the second-hand video store I see them at 1euro. I wanna buy them, but ugh I gotta control myself and not fill my shelves with more movies/books/games than I need.

I also had them in VHS format but my grandpa throw them away three or four years ago
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-20, 12:51   #15575
TrustyBow

I remember loving the AJ movies as a kid, but I tried rewatching the first one last year and I couldn't even finish it. Aside from Jolie's Lara, I didn't really think the movie captured the spirit of the games. Even with the supernatural elements, it still felt like a generic action movie.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-20, 13:19   #15576
Tonyrobinson

Kristin is growing her hair out quite nicely I wonder if it's for Tomb Raider or just a personal choice. I loved Ana's look and changes in the film compare to the game I hope they retain some of that elegance and look in the sequel it really added to her characterisation.

I notice they have removed the Alistor Sidon's character credit and replaced it with Toby Gard, I know IMDB isn't a great source for this kind of stuff but I wonder if there we aren't going to get Daniel Wu back as Lu Ren like we've all been expecting because he isn't a character from the game series.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 21-01-20 at 13:24.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-20, 13:33   #15577
Portugalraider

I mean, If that was the case, then we would also not have Ana, since Toby wasn't around when she was created.

I think it's just weird IMDB edits that shouldn't be taking seriously, like most IMDB info before official news comes up (ironic coming from me, I know )
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-20, 13:40   #15578
Tonyrobinson

I've just found a PDF on a website for an organisation that Kristin is a president of and it confirms her involvement in their official press release for her. I guess we can atleast count her involvement as confirmed.

http://www.womens-forum.com/uploads/...ber%202019.pdf

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 21-01-20 at 13:43.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-20, 13:48   #15579
PinkyPromise

Kristin is 100% sure ... even if Amy Jump and Ben decide that they want another story they need to tell what happened to Ana (kill her at the beginning of the movie for example).

Also Ben worked with Kristin in Rebecca.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-20, 14:45   #15580
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Kristin is 100% sure ... even if Amy Jump and Ben decide that they want another story they need to tell what happened to Ana (kill her at the beginning of the movie for example).

Also Ben worked with Kristin in Rebecca.
Noooooooo don't kill Anna For the first time we have a female villain.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote