Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 01-02-20, 21:36   #141
Deathly Karma

OMFG! These DLC's were the only reason I wanted an Xbox, great job GFY2013 on the videos. Could you tell me where I put (--protect_zero=false), because I'm looking on Github and I can't seem to find anything about how to add it.
Deathly Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 21:45   #142
GFY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathly Karma View Post
OMFG! These DLC's were the only reason I wanted an Xbox, great job GFY2013 on the videos. Could you tell me where I put (--protect_zero=false), because I'm looking on Github and I can't seem to find anything about how to add it.
Thank you!

Create a shortcut, properties, and next to target add that! Or you can change it in the config file as well, so you don't have to run it through the shortcut. Also be sure to use Canary build. (Honestly I didn't try the other one but I did these with the Canary build Jan 29.)

Last edited by GFY2013; 01-02-20 at 21:49.
GFY2013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 03:59   #143
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY2013 View Post
Not at all. I'm on Ryzen.

I can say more about RPCS3 though: it has a TSX instructions setting that is only available on Intel CPUs, but don't know if it affects performance at all. Also at least 8 threads are required to run some light games even, if you want more heavy games then 12 threads are the minimum. (You can try running them etc, but performance will be heavily limited)
I'm on 12 threads myself, I haven't had any problems, performance is great. My poor 1600X has seen some stuff in his 3 yrs.
who knew those console system were that complex.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 14:54   #144
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY2013 View Post
Depends on the game really. Fortunately all 3 trilogy games are not dependent on the clocks scale, meaning only changing the frequency value is enough to "unlock" fps. On other games the game speeds up, then you have to decrease the clock to slow it down, that's when physics start to break, if I understand correctly. These games' clock always stay at their initial, 100% value. (Unless you want to try it slowed down, or run it faster.)
That's interesting. The PC versions of the LAU trilogy only work well up to 85 FPS (probably because 85 Hz was pretty common in CRT monitors). If you go over that then the phyics don't work right and for example in TRU the little blocks that you have to put onto pressure plates will fly around once you drop them which makes the game unbeatable.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 17:23   #145
GFY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
who knew those console system were that complex.
Unfortunately I don't know any technical details. I'm sure the system is complex of course, but the PS3's specs is not beefy at all. Emulating all hardware components/layers is what's really difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
That's interesting. The PC versions of the LAU trilogy only work well up to 85 FPS (probably because 85 Hz was pretty common in CRT monitors). If you go over that then the phyics don't work right and for example in TRU the little blocks that you have to put onto pressure plates will fly around once you drop them which makes the game unbeatable.
Really? I haven't even seen that. I will check it out in the emulator, and report back if it's there. I haven't seen anything weird yet though.

Some TRA comparisons:

big
Both were at 2x resolution scale. (2560x1440 rendered image, presented at 1080p) RPCS3 was way smoother.

RPCS3 left, Xenia right
Old 05-02-20, 15:49   #146
JimbobJeffers

This is gorgeous, ugh it just makes me want to continue my HD project Thanks for posting all your screenshots and details!
JimbobJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-20, 19:21   #147
JAMJOOM

Default wooow thanx

PS3 version. It's generally claimed that the PS3 version is the best looking ...
JAMJOOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-20, 16:52   #148
ANoDE
Golden

@GFY2013: Thanks for sharing your setting. The game does look gorgeous, but that constant shader loading is driving me crazy. I assume there isn't a way to pre-compile them?
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-20, 16:59   #149
GFY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimbobJeffers View Post
This is gorgeous, ugh it just makes me want to continue my HD project Thanks for posting all your screenshots and details!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
@GFY2013: Thanks for sharing your setting. The game does look gorgeous, but that constant shader loading is driving me crazy. I assume there isn't a way to pre-compile them?
Unfortunately not. I also don't know if sharing shader caches are alright, cause maybe it will be different per GPU. (But it is possible on Cemu, Yuzu etc but dunno about here, I've never seen people share them)

Either way, we could try. Link to my TRA shader cache. Definitely not 100%, but has some areas.
Extract the shader cache folder into: RPCS3_dir/cache/BLES01195/ppu-[tra-ppu-hash]-EBOOT.BIN/.

Now, since I dont have any updates installed on the TR Trilogy, your TRA hash and my TRA hash might be different. Mine is though:
ppu-ehi3R4ygFz0gdGMcLCEPQ5bSN1TG-EBOOT.BIN (this is the folder. The PPU hash is the whole thing without the -EBOOT.BIN.)

Last edited by GFY2013; 21-03-20 at 17:17.
Old 24-03-20, 20:18   #150
ANoDE
Golden

Thanks! I'll try them out on my next day off
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote