Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 07-03-20, 12:42   #1
Dermahn
Inactive

Default TRLE 20th Anniversary Celebration Project

created by MBog

About
The Level Editor turns 20 on the 24th of November. In order to celebrate this, we came up with this group project.
All levels were built using the official WADs and textures. No editing was allowed. We wanted to celebrate this anniversary by only using the things that Eidos gave us.

Story
Upon discovering the resting place of the Egyptian Goddess Hathor, Lara stumbles upon an ancient inscription that reveals an untold legend lost to the ages.

Screenshots

. . . . . . . Klona . . . . . . . . . . . . Niveus . . . . . . . . . . . . DJ Full . . . . . .

. . . . . . Sabatu . . . . . . . . . . . Zreen001 . . . .

Download

Last edited by Dermahn; 27-11-20 at 11:50.
Dermahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 12:43   #2
klona
Golden

Lemme snatch Tomb of Seth then.
This is gonna be awesome!
klona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 15:31   #3
Raider99

I like the idea of this. I might consider joining, however I'm unsure due to my busy life because of university, don't wanna risk it and ruin the opportunity someone else could have to create a specific theme instead of me. Getting truly back to basics sounds a bit challenging as well after many of us being so used to the new and advanced stuff and going back to the original TRLE forces us to be more creative in order to make it more entertaining. I'm looking forward to what people create here!
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 00:11   #4
DaroRaider

Altough I'm out of the possibilities to celebrate this because I use dxTre3d I wish you all the best of the luck.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 19:08   #5
Dermahn
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider99 View Post
I like the idea of this. I might consider joining, however I'm unsure due to my busy life because of university, don't wanna risk it and ruin the opportunity someone else could have to create a specific theme instead of me. Getting truly back to basics sounds a bit challenging as well after many of us being so used to the new and advanced stuff and going back to the original TRLE forces us to be more creative in order to make it more entertaining. I'm looking forward to what people create here!
I've been playing around with the old winroomedit a little and I already miss all of our new tools
We still have quite a bit of time so don't stress about deciding right now. If you do decide to join, you don't need to build an overly complex and long level. Short and well built is almost always better than long and boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
Altough I'm out of the possibilities to celebrate this because I use dxTre3d I wish you all the best of the luck.
I hadn't even thought of DXTRE3D since it's the TR2/3 editor to me
Just to make it clear: All Editors are allowed so feel free to join if you are interested
Dermahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-20, 12:45   #6
Raider99

Are only original wads allowed or revised are recommended? Not sure does that break the "original feel" as broken wads seem to be the ones TRLE came with.

Last edited by Raider99; 14-03-20 at 12:49.
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-20, 14:42   #7
MBog

The revised ones should also be accepted. It would be nice if there were links in the main post for each location. (not that they wouldn't be easy to find)

Other than that I really like this idea. I believe they would've never imagined TRLE could evolve so much, so limiting ourselves to only those assets seems closer to their original plan for our fandom.
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-20, 23:00   #8
tombraiderfrea

I have been trying to get more into the level editor again... I am currently working on my own project but I would love to take on Cleopatra’s Palaces, potentially.
tombraiderfrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-20, 09:58   #9
CheshireBitch

I love the idea ! But can't decide yet, how long do we have to subscribe and to finish the level ?

I'm on my own project right now and kind of burnt out about TRLE. Having a really hard time having fresh ideas. But maybe in a few weeks I'll get motivated again.
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-20, 13:29   #10
BlackWolftr

Good idea! Maybe I would create a level with Karnak set. This be my first level . But im not sure to start building because I have other projects on my mind.

Last edited by BlackWolftr; 21-03-20 at 13:30.
BlackWolftr is online now   Reply With Quote