www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 03-01-21, 05:55   #7051
Heartache
Professor

judging by a lot of videomaterial that leaked before we clearly dont have the latest build. spiders killing you somewhere, levers on the wall that can later be used as a pole and lots of other stuff. like people said before it seems they just wanted to rebuild all original rooms before starting to expand levels
Old 03-01-21, 06:40   #7052
croftyboy
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderXT View Post
That work really well.

I found this cute Dino under the map on the "Lost Plateu"
Think if we could get that running around on land there.
Can anyone else provide a picture plase? This one is removed and I can't play myself as I don't have a controller. Thank you♥
croftyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 07:05   #7053
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by croftyboy View Post
Can anyone else provide a picture plase? This one is removed and I can't play myself as I don't have a controller. Thank you♥
Here you go. Click for full size.

EDIT: I don't know if it's known already, but if you have a PS4 controller, you can bring up the menu using the "share" key. You can then navigate the menu (left / right) via the touchpad (only press is supported, moves the inventory to the right). You can then use circle to use an item. You'll have a few flares to start with, and if you select it, lara will throw a burning flare. Unfortunatley, after that, the game will crash.

Last edited by ANoDE; 03-01-21 at 07:20.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 07:27   #7054
-Roli-
Relic Hunter

How to enable and leave the Fly (DOZY) mode with a PS3 (DS3) controller?

Thank you!
-Roli- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 07:34   #7055
ANoDE
Golden

This thread is sprawling with knowledge, unfortunately distributed over several dozens of pages. What would be the best way to have all the knowledge (setup, controls, etc.) in one place for people to start?

Should we start a new thread for this? Can we maybe edit the OP to include these things?

What do you folks think?
Old 03-01-21, 07:45   #7056
BlueCake
Inactive

Very interesting! The actual engine is the most recent (Indiana) one, but the actual levels we are playing are outdated and don't match the engine version, possibly why the game is more unstable than it should be.

Anyways, how Lara controls is exactly how I'd expect her to play in a 1:1 remake of the classics, I love it
BlueCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 07:53   #7057
WhiteTiger
Explorer

Hey! I managed to start the game and I can see that green indiana jones but when I press start game it crashes. Did I miss something?
Old 03-01-21, 07:58   #7058
Zsott
Archaeologist

I've been wonder what build we got...

I mean, it can't be the same build, as the one we saw in the trailers can it?
The trailers are featuring enemies, Lara using weapons; yet in this built they seem to missing...(not that I complain, but I'd like to take screenshots of them)

Edit:

Is there a solution for distorted fonts, FX's and the levels being texture less? (I'm playing on a Lenovo Legion Y520)

Last edited by Zsott; 03-01-21 at 08:55.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 08:28   #7059
Niveus
Professor

Okay, time to swallow my words.
Thank you so much to those that contributed to getting this out in the open.
Let’s just say, I’m very glad that I got proved wrong.
It must have taken some bravery to make the step to upload this.
Thank you again.

Here are some tips to bypass crashy triggers or blocked paths:

CAVES
Press F7
Go into the Trigger Editor
In the first drop down, navigate to EventGroup_wolves1
Delete all the events in this Event Group
You can now pass the trigger that crashes in the wolf room

VILCABAMBA
Stand on the square in front of the key lock to the later part of the level
Press F7
Go into the Trigger Editor
In the first drop down, navigate to EventGroup_5
Change trigger type from KEY to REGULAR and the door will open if you are stood on the correct square

ST FRANCIS' FOLLY
Turn around at the start and head to the crocodile
You can glitch through the gate pretty easily by jumping/running at it, it might take a few tries
Once Lara is in the water room, press F7
Tick the Flipmap checkbox
Lara should glitch to above the solid water portal
Untick Flipmap checkbox
You can climb the ramp as no slope properties have been attached to it
It leads to the closed door to the starting area, but I haven't yet found a way to
a) trigger this door (does one even exist?)
b) move this door with Edit feature
c) glitch through a collisionless part of the map to reach the starting area
It looks as if the starting area has not been touched when you check it with wireframe mode, anyway

COLOSSEUM
In the room with the chaise lounges, with the metal grate that leads to Palace Midas, step on the tile with the key hole and press F7
Go to Trigger Events
Navigate to EventGroup_12 in the drop down
Change trigger type from KEY to REGULAR
Go inside
Check and uncheck Flipmap and Lara will glitch through the solid water portal
Lara can now swim through, she will usually glitch to standing down there though like no water exists
You can headbutt the invisible barrier but I haven't worked out how to surface at that switch trigger yet
It looks as though it has been lit and modelled down there, however Lara badly glitches when you attempt to swim down there with the fly cheat
I believe it's something to do with the current, but Lara just gets teleported to a random spot on the map

CISTERN
There appears no way to trigger or glitch through the trapdoor itself
Use fly mode to fly up the sewer passage at the very start (R1+R2+L1+L2+TRIANGLE+CIRCLE)
One of the tiles doesn't have collision so Lara can escape the map
Swim in the direction of the main chamber and attempt to swim through
Sometimes, the old TR1 geometry will appear unlit and hide the main area of the Cistern, if it does, you should attempt the whole thing again
This one is really worth it as the whole main area of the cistern is here
You can use the Event Editor to change all the Events with KEY types to REGULAR types and the doors will open when you approach them, though nothing is modelled beyond the min hall, and the side areas are glitchy

I'll update some more when I get through the other levels.

Last edited by Niveus; 03-01-21 at 09:28.
Niveus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 09:04   #7060
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Roli- View Post
How to enable and leave the Fly (DOZY) mode with a PS3 (DS3) controller?

Thank you!
DOZY is: Walk button + turn/roll button + jump button + action button
Deactivating DOZY is: walk button + turn/roll button + draw weapon (torch) button

Free camera is: walk button + turn/roll button + inventory button
In free camera mode you can teleport Lara to the camera with one of the buttons that have no function otherwise (for me it's one of the shoulder buttons). You can toggle through different camera modes by pressing the initial combo several times and you can instantly go back to the regular camera by pressing the action button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
This thread is sprawling with knowledge, unfortunately distributed over several dozens of pages. What would be the best way to have all the knowledge (setup, controls, etc.) in one place for people to start?

Should we start a new thread for this? Can we maybe edit the OP to include these things?

What do you folks think?
Yes, a dedicated thread with all the important information in the first post would be great.

TBH it's a bit frustrating when everyone just posts the button symbols when describing how to do the debug things. IMO it's better to refer to the buttons as the actions that are usually performed when pressing them (e.g. jump button, action button etc.). I'm playing TRAE with my Logitech Rumblepad 2 as I don't own a PS4 or PS5 controller and I figured out that I can't control the camera at all when using my Nintendo Switch Pro controller and I can only turn the camera left and right when using an Xbox One controller. That being said, if I would explain the debug actions by referring to what symbols are on the buttons that I have to press, I would write "7+8+4+3" and no one would know what to press.

It's interesting that Lara turns around when pressing the "turn/roll button" when she doesn't have the torch drawn, which is kinda like when you move the analogue stick in the opposite direction in AoD, but she does the classic rolling animation when she has the torch drawn. My guess is that that's on purpose so that combat is a bit more like in TR I-V while running around regularly is more like in AoD. That would also make turning around on small platforms much easier. I wonder if in the final game Lara would be able to perform the classic back hopping when aiming at an enemy. It would be hard to back up from an enemy otherwise because she just turns around when I move the analogue stick towards the camera.

Last edited by Wooxman; 03-01-21 at 09:06.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote