Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 19-01-21, 14:11   #11
paulojr_mam

^Although I agree with you a bit, there's no reason for them to not implement that context in the door texture. You're overplaying the technological constraints. There's a lot that can be done and that was done with textures. It was an oversight or a flaw of the devs.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 16:48   #12
Avalon SARL

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
^Although I agree with you a bit, there's no reason for them to not implement that context in the door texture. You're overplaying the technological constraints. There's a lot that can be done and that was done with textures. It was an oversight or a flaw of the devs.
Core are to be blamed for sure because they never throughout five games tried to find a way to make such things have a reason why they functioned that way.

But again I don't know if the time they were given to develop such a complicated game was enough. And they were a small team; they weren't able to do more than what they did with that game engine.
Avalon SARL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 18:57   #13
DevaWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
Yes, you perfectly summarized my thoughts. I always said that Tomb Raider III and IV are impossible without a guide on the first playthrough.

Did you use a walkthrough to figure out the hook thing, etc. or did you eventually figure those things out by yourself?
The hook thing I saw in a video that reviews all tomb raiders, and they made a comment about this hook, so I saw before even playing the game wayyy long ago. I knew I had to combine but I didnt knew where to use it, this I figure out myself
But I think it wouldnt be that hard, the room where the hook and the stick are found have only a few objects, so it was pretty quick trying to see which one can be aquired and after that I always see if I can combine with something, so I think I would be able to figure it out pretty quickly
Now took me a few minutes to figure out where to use, I searched all the levels in alexandria until I remebred "that key inside the cell!"
DevaWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 19:02   #14
DevaWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
Core are to be blamed for sure because they never throughout five games tried to find a way to make such things have a reason why they functioned that way.

But again I don't know if the time they were given to develop such a complicated game was enough. And they were a small team; they weren't able to do more than what they did with that game engine.
I agree with both of you, at the same time I know tomb raider games were rushed in development and tomb raider 4 is really complex and big, I cant totally blame them, but at the same time there are things that when I found about I think "what the hell were they thinking?"
I just found about that movable block in Khufu Queen's Pyramid, to find the eastern shaft key

Please someone tell me if you could figure it out without looking a guide, goddam that maze was so hidden

O jogo é ótimo de qualquer jeito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi master View Post
Your health refills when you go between levels in the hub areas, so running out of healthkits won't softlock you. Crouching let's you avoid most of the locusts damage.

I do like the early bits of the game, found things tedious around Alexandria and just plain lazy afterwards.
Nice to know!

Last edited by DevaWay; 19-01-21 at 19:24.
Old 19-01-21, 19:06   #15
DevaWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi master View Post
Your health refills when you go between levels in the hub areas, so running out of healthkits won't softlock you. Crouching let's you avoid most of the locusts damage.

I do like the early bits of the game, found things tedious around Alexandria and just plain lazy afterwards.
Nice to know!
Old 19-01-21, 19:20   #16
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

DevaWay please make use of the edit function.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 19:26   #17
DevaWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
DevaWay please make use of the edit function.
Sorry, I will make use
How can I delete a comment?
Old 19-01-21, 19:37   #18
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

No need to delete and thank you. The multiquote function will enable you to reply to multiple posts at once.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 20:15   #19
RAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
TR4 was fantastic up until Alexandria, I just find that the design becomes a little more unpolished at that point forward.

Still a fantastic game, though and one of the better of the classics.
Yeah - Coastal Ruins has to be my least favourite part of the game - but still a fantastic game that merits a remake with a different ending if you ask me. Or else they can keep the ending on release a direct sequel or DLC that get's Lara out of the temple of Horus, leading the story to progress instead of AOD / AOD retake.

Last edited by RAID; 19-01-21 at 20:16.
RAID is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-21, 01:44   #20
HarleyCroft

I regularly play this game until Lara sidecrashes her jeep into the Temple of Karnak when I'm feeling stressed. It's just such a good series of levels and I feel so accomplished afterwards, even though there's no challenge anymore
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote