www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 16-04-21, 22:48   #18251
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I really hope they go for quality with the next film too. Even if the storyline is simpler than the 2018 one I want it to be better received critically and surpass that first film.

My only hope is that DeLuca takes care and attention with this film because let's face it he has also produced some duds like Fright Night and Rush Hour 2.

He has done some great films too though and the same goes for Graham King. I just hope because MGM are about under represented voices that they prove there statements around it by giving Misha more control to do her own thing.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 16-04-21 at 22:51.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 23:57   #18252
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Honestly, I don't really care if the movie is more pulpy or grounded, fun or serious, simple or complex. I just need it to be good and to bring a sense of grand adventure.

And I think both Ben and Misha are up to that task, in their unique ways.

I do think Ben would bring a more distinctive taste to the movie that would contrast really well and would be well appreciated compared to the more generic taste of the 2018 one. But as long as Misha's vision isn't compromised, I also think she can make something interesting with the franchise.

But again, the most important to me is that we get a good adventure movie.
Old 17-04-21, 06:36   #18253
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

You know last night I was watching the film Moana and thought how great it would be for Mark Macina to compose the music for a Tomb Raider film.

Having music that matches the vibe of the film would be amazing. I would love a more experimental score with different regional instruments and choral voices to really sell the wonder of the places Lara explores.

There were moments in the first film where the score really stood out particularly in the winter scenes with the whistle singing.
Old 17-04-21, 10:33   #18254
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I would love to see those storyboards !!

I hope in a few years they leak the movie that we almost had
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 12:59   #18255
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
You know last night I was watching the film Moana and thought how great it would be for Mark Macina to compose the music for a Tomb Raider film.

Having music that matches the vibe of the film would be amazing. I would love a more experimental score with different regional instruments and choral voices to really sell the wonder of the places Lara explores.

There were moments in the first film where the score really stood out particularly in the winter scenes with the whistle singing.
Part of the reason why I love SotTR's OST so much is exactly because of the use of regional instruments, especially when the main melody is played on them. It just gives a very unique vibe that really fits the setting.

But I don't really have any preference for the composer. I just want to actually hear the OST during the movie. The 2018 actually has a really good soundtrack that would really sell the story well, but unfortunately you don't hear it that well during the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
I would love to see those storyboards !!

I hope in a few years they leak the movie that we almost had
I'm sure that Ellioft will be able to get something in a few years.

Last edited by Portugalraider; 17-04-21 at 13:01.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 18:16   #18256
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

The good thing about this director is that she seems to throw everything at the wall to see what sticks including the kitchen sink. Imagine if we get dinosaurs, classic outfit, doppleganger, Von Croy introduction, Angelina Jolie cameo from the future, Amanda and Anaya, set peices from the classics, famous Lara quotes, etc. Maybe this lady got the goods afterall. Fan service will get her everywhere with me even if she decides to turn this movie into an sjw nightmare lol.
Old 17-04-21, 18:28   #18257
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I hope she is wise with the budget too. Seeing more and more of the new Mortal Kombat sets and visual effects being revealed and knowing it only cost $50 million makes me excited to see what a big scope director can achieve with this film.
Old 21-04-21, 01:44   #18258
LCAJfan214
Explorer

I really hope Angelina is cast as the villain.
LCAJfan214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-21, 08:09   #18259
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I respect your opinion but I'm firmly in the boat we're I don't ever want to see a TR multiverse or crossover/camei with Angelina. To me it would just feel like an insult to Alicia. Same for anyone else playing the role. Let the actress at the time have her chance in the spotlight.
Old 21-04-21, 08:35   #18260
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I respect your opinion but I'm firmly in the boat we're I don't ever want to see a TR multiverse or crossover/camei with Angelina. To me it would just feel like an insult to Alicia. Same for anyone else playing the role. Let the actress at the time have her chance in the spotlight.
I wouldn’t mind a cameo.
I would have a problem with Angelina having a major character, but a small little nod to her (like what they did with the original Wonder Woman actress at the end of WW84) would be fine.

Personally, I think it’d make sense to give such a cameo to Camilla Ludington, but that’s just me.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote