Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 04-05-21, 08:23   #131
klona
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Source ported to modern windows PCs (realtech had the source codes before we did), upgraded to 60FPS and HD resolutions, optional HD texture pack and post processing effects, and easy modding support.
I remember someone told me anything beyond 30 fps is impossible in classic TR cause of how the animations and state IDs react with each other. So no matter how much you mess with the code that won't change.
klona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 08:55   #132
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by klona View Post
I remember someone told me anything beyond 30 fps is impossible in classic TR cause of how the animations and state IDs react with each other. So no matter how much you mess with the code that won't change.
I'm just relaying what they were claiming. However I recall the 60fps being discussed as a limitation with the level editor, which is totally closed source. Realtech had the base code and assets to recompile the game, so I don't disbelieve it.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 19:31   #133
SSfox

I'd love that. I played again 2 and 4 (tried to run 3 but it didn't run properly) on PC last year but it's also annoying and sometimes there is this sound bug and this other bug (because i need to install this other driver heh) and cie, i prefer to just insert my disk in and play, i wish CD would release a full collection of old TR on modern consoles that would be cool to say the least.
SSfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 21:48   #134
klona
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post

I'm just relaying what they were claiming. However I recall the 60fps being discussed as a limitation with the level editor, which is totally closed source. Realtech had the base code and assets to recompile the game, so I don't disbelieve it.
It's literally the same engine.
Plus, we also have the TR5 source code. Still impossible.
klona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 19:39   #135
Telekill

I think the best thing for Square to do is to give the first three games the Remake treatment. I'd love to replay the originals but all I have to do is plug in my PS2 that can play my PS1 copies. A full Remake of the first three with modern graphics, lighting and physics would be incredible.
Telekill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 20:30   #136
Jamise_Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telekill View Post
I think the best thing for Square to do is to give the first three games the Remake treatment. I'd love to replay the originals but all I have to do is plug in my PS2 that can play my PS1 copies. A full Remake of the first three with modern graphics, lighting and physics would be incredible.
Exactly this
Jamise_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 02:43   #137
Moon-Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telekill View Post
I have to agree. And then LAU.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-21, 05:49   #138
Bridge
Inactive

The only way i'd have any faith in a TR remake was if development was outsourced to Bluepoint or Crowbar Collective.
Capcom too, but they're busy with quality RE content.

Last edited by Bridge; 16-05-21 at 05:51.
Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-21, 15:30   #139
dg1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
The only way i'd have any faith in a TR remake was if development was outsourced to Bluepoint or Crowbar Collective.
Capcom too, but they're busy with quality RE content.
Nah. Capcom sucks at making TR type games.

I also don't get why some people want Capcom to make a Silent Hill game when Capcom clearly has no idea how to make a Silent Hill game.(Their horror games have garbage tier stories.)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-21, 16:08   #140
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Nah. Capcom sucks at making TR type games.

I also don't get why some people want Capcom to make a Silent Hill game when Capcom clearly has no idea how to make a Silent Hill game.(Their horror games have garbage tier stories.)
Killing would probably become an even bigger part of TR if Capcom were to get involved.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote