www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 04-05-21, 13:57   #30401
mileylover04
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
People are reporting that the Xbox Version got a FPS Boost in the 4k Mode for Series S/X. Which means High Resolution Mode with 60 GPS instead of 30.
Yup, Xbox added it to its list of FPS boost games yesterday along with TR: DE and it works great! I had actually started a playthrough recently-ish in High framerate mode for the first time, but now I can have Graphic mode and 60 FPS and I'm loving it. Played a little bit of TR: DE and can say it now say this will be my preferred console to play through that game on with Auto-HDR and FPS boost. Now if only it got a resolution boost as well since it's only running at about 900p.

It is a little strange that Rise, a game that was originally published/funded by Microsoft, does not have this FPS boost option when the first and third games now have it. I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that there are 3 graphics modes or if something else is coming to Rise.

Last edited by mileylover04; 10-05-21 at 19:27. Reason: Accidental emoticons
mileylover04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 19:10   #30402
uzivatel
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileylover04 View Post
Yup, Xbox added it to its list of FPS boost games yesterday along with TRE and it works great! I had actually started a playthrough recently-ish in High framerate mode for the first time, but now I can have Graphic mode and 60 FPS and I'm loving it. Played a little bit of TRE and can say it now say this will be my preferred console to play through that game on with Auto-HDR and FPS boost. Now if only it got a resolution boost as well since it's only running at about 900p.

It is a little strange that Rise, a game that was originally published/funded by Microsoft, does not have this FPS boost option when the first and third games now have it. I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that there are 3 graphics modes or if something else is coming to Rise.
Isnt the 900p only in cutscenes whereas the game itself is 1080p?

Maybe Rise did not scale well and did not meet the performance targets? Some games have to revert to One S code to get the FPS boost, but since there is already performance mode in the One X version, it would be pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
People are reporting that the Xbox Version got a FPS Boost in the 4k Mode for Series S/X. Which means High Resolution Mode with 60 GPS instead of 30.
Series S is using One S code, IIRC there was never 4K in that version.

Last edited by uzivatel; 04-05-21 at 19:14.
uzivatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 11:44   #30403
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileylover04 View Post
Yup, Xbox added it to its list of FPS boost games yesterday along with TRE and it works great! I had actually started a playthrough recently-ish in High framerate mode for the first time, but now I can have Graphic mode and 60 FPS and I'm loving it. Played a little bit of TRE and can say it now say this will be my preferred console to play through that game on with Auto-HDR and FPS boost. Now if only it got a resolution boost as well since it's only running at about 900p.

Whaaaat? I never would've thought that TR2013DE would get any further updates, especially not the Xbox One version! Did they only increase the frame rate or also improve graphical quality? IIRC the Xbox One version is missing some graphical features that are present in the PS4 version.
Old 05-05-21, 13:19   #30404
uzivatel
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Whaaaat? I never would've thought that TR2013DE would get any further updates, especially not the Xbox One version! Did they only increase the frame rate or also improve graphical quality? IIRC the Xbox One version is missing some graphical features that are present in the PS4 version.
Its not a traditional update by the developer. The FPS boost is the operating system of the console tricking the game into running at higher frame rate than originally intended. As such there are no other changes except for the frame rate.
The only other upgrade is Auto HDR, which too happens on system level without updating the game itself and is available since the Series X/S launch.
Old 05-05-21, 14:19   #30405
mileylover04
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzivatel View Post
Isnt the 900p only in cutscenes whereas the game itself is 1080p?
Upon actually doing some research, I believe you're right lol. I was going off of what I had seen on Reddit when I said the 900p. I do believe it hits 1080 most of the time, with some scenes being limited at 900p. I think there might be a little bit of variable resolution here and there.
mileylover04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 21:21   #30406
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzivatel View Post
Its not a traditional update by the developer. The FPS boost is the operating system of the console tricking the game into running at higher frame rate than originally intended. As such there are no other changes except for the frame rate.
The only other upgrade is Auto HDR, which too happens on system level without updating the game itself and is available since the Series X/S launch.
Does that also work with other games that were capped at 30 FPS on the One like Destiny?
Old 06-05-21, 06:54   #30407
uzivatel
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Does that also work with other games that were capped at 30 FPS on the One like Destiny?
It currently supports less than 100 games, Destiny 1 not among them.
Destiny 2 got an official update on new consoles and runs at 60 fps (or up to 120 fps on PS5 and Series X in some pvp mode)

Last edited by uzivatel; 06-05-21 at 06:55.
Old 28-05-21, 13:21   #30408
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Do you remember this trailer? So amazing!
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-21, 13:41   #30409
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post

Yes, got me excited for the game release.
Old 28-05-21, 15:25   #30410
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post

It's a good video but It really doesn't highlight Reboot's animations IMO.

Like, I'm imagining Legend's animations in that video instead and they look MUCH better, and that game came out years ago.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote