PedroTheGamer

This looks pretty stunning! I cant wait to see the rest of the game
PedroTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-21, 18:49   #1372
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniLucca View Post
Just a reminder that the project exists! 🙃

Sorry for the lack of news, life has been crazy around here...

Wait for some news soon... While you wait, check out these carvings on the walls of the Temple Ruins.

https://imgur.com/HA1WwKi.png
Thanks for posting. It looks like we have something impressive in the making. I hope to see more and that you're able to keep us updated.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-21, 16:15   #1373
JAMJOOM

Default love this

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniLucca View Post
Just a reminder that the project exists! ��

Sorry for the lack of news, life has been crazy around here...

Wait for some news soon... While you wait, check out these carvings on the walls of the Temple Ruins.

Amazing this is unbelievable

Last edited by JAMJOOM; 26-06-21 at 16:17.
JAMJOOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-21, 18:33   #1374
ANoDE
Golden

It keeps getting better and better:

ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-21, 20:35   #1375
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
It keeps getting better and better:

I'm glad Giovanni decided to change the horizon back to a day horizon. It blends much better with the level geometry. The only criticism I have about this now is that the horizon needs to be brighter so the green matches the green of the level leaves textures (well it doesn't need to match 100%, but adding some more exposure to the horizon would look better imo.

Last edited by TRJTA; 26-06-21 at 20:36.
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-21, 21:46   #1376
Ligufaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
I'm glad Giovanni decided to change the horizon back to a day horizon. It blends much better with the level geometry. The only criticism I have about this now is that the horizon needs to be brighter so the green matches the green of the level leaves textures (well it doesn't need to match 100%, but adding some more exposure to the horizon would look better imo.
I agree with this, other than that, it looks great!
Ligufaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-21, 04:24   #1377
Greenapple968

Quote:
That must be Temple Ruins. It looks very nice and impressive.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-21, 05:49   #1378
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
That must be Temple Ruins. It looks very nice and impressive.
Correct. Original tweet here: https://twitter.com/TombRaider3HD/st...105390081?s=19

Quote:
If his original plan is still intact, he'll implement a minimal daylight-cycle using the horizon. Jungle will be morning, Temple Ruins early midday, River Ganges early afternoon and caves of kaliya a bit later.

I don't mind the colors too much, but I agree that the first level of trees could be of a slightly lighter green to even better mix with the level's tree texture.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-21, 15:09   #1379
GiovanniLucca

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback mate!
I'll try brighten the horizon to see the results...

I'm trying to use strickly the original gamma value of the game. But it is so insconsistent with all the different locations of the levels.

Most of the screenshots that I posted I have to adjust the levels of white in Photoshop... The luminance spectrum always is missing something like 25% of whites.

When we are playing on fullscreen in a dark environment, the game looks nice... but this 25% lack of white values is very visible otherwise.

It would be so nice if I have the opportunity to use some kind of post process effect to do some basic color correction to the game, mostly for the luminance values, this would bring much better contrast, color and improve the lighting even more.

BUT, If I do everything that I wanted to do with this project, I'll never finish it. hahaha

Quote:
Correct. Original tweet here: https://twitter.com/TombRaider3HD/st...105390081?s=19

If his original plan is still intact, he'll implement a minimal daylight-cycle using the horizon. Jungle will be morning, Temple Ruins early midday, River Ganges early afternoon and caves of kaliya a bit later.
You're 100% correct!
That's my goal

• Jungle is early in the morning with a rainy sky.
• Temple Ruins is in a midday clear sky.
• River Ganges is almost at sunset *
• Caves of Kaliya is indoor, so... no sky :P

* On PlayStation version of River Ganges level it is raining... on the PC isn't. The rainy effect is missing. Unfortunatly, at the moment isn't possible to make it rain on this level (I'm aware that are some developers working on this) BUT, since the new lighting is based on the horizon texture, I'll do this way: I'll use the sunset to light the environment, and I'll edit the River Ganges Sky to have some dark clouds. So when the patch for rain effect of this level it's available, both scenarios will make sense.

* River Ganges sky is WIP

Last edited by GiovanniLucca; 27-06-21 at 15:11.
GiovanniLucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-21, 15:18   #1380
Stryke

Hello I was wondering if the textures were available for the public? I need to build a TR3 India with these gorgeous textures!
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote