Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 27-07-21, 14:03   #611
Arsunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPherson View Post
Hi laravision, it does, but I tried the suggested pack anyways to no avail. I assume it has to do with faulty textures - when I add those recently made by RainaAudron for Lara's home and title screen, those sections work great (pic below). Thanks anyway!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k76ktxzoet4xd9h/3.jpg?dl=0
Try to update TR2Main.DLL - probably your version is outdated. Annl&RainaAudron's textures are properly made, but iOS textures are very dirty and they have inaccurate positioning, so Realtech VR just put hacks right into game's code to maintain issues instead of fixing textures themselves. So config.json includes hacks identical to iOS port.

Also if you want to combine iOS textures and Annl&RainaAudron's textures, I recommend to modify config.json so it has hack-free levels, otherwise iOS hack will make proper textures ugly. Put some text right before "default" line. If you don't want to combine them, just keep proper texpages separate from iOS texpages
Code:
        "   'spacing' contains the integer value of glyph spacing.            ",
        "                                                                     "
    ],
Code:
    "levels": [{
        "comment": "Title",
        "filename": "TITLE"
    }, {
        "comment": "Lara's Home",
        "filename": "ASSAULT"
    }, {
Code:
    "default": {
        "comment": "Default settings for all levels",
        "legacy_colors": false,
        "uv_adjust": 1.0,

Last edited by Arsunt; 28-07-21 at 19:30.
Arsunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-21, 18:36   #612
McPherson

Thank you Arsunt for getting back. I am probably not changing config.json properly, as one of the texture packs always gets messy (either the iOS' or RainaAudron's). I have updated all the files to their latest versions and added the "levels" block from your reply between the "'spacing'" line and the "default" line (pic below). Any idea?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70e1st7c2u9jgqe/4.jpg?dl=0
McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-21, 19:30   #613
Arsunt

Quote:
I am probably not changing config.json properly, as one of the texture packs always gets messy (either the iOS' or RainaAudron's).
  • If you use only Annl&RainaAudron's texpages, don't put config.json into folder.
  • If you use only iOS texpages, put unchanged config.json into folder
  • If you take iOS texpages and overwrite some of them with Annl&RainaAudron's texpages, then you need to modify config.json this way, to exclude some levels from iOS hacky parameters.
Quote:
I have updated all the files to their latest versions and added the "levels" block from your reply between the "'spacing'" line and the "default" line (pic below)
Looking good, except comma right after "ASSAULT" (my bad, yes), it is excessive, but not critical for TR2Main JSON parser.
Arsunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-21, 22:41   #614
McPherson

Thanks again Arsunt for trying to help. When I modify config.json in this way and replace some iOS textures with Annl&RainaAudron's - which is what I have been trying to do - the Annl&RainaAudron textures get messy. So I only kept their new HD flying background texture, which works great, and left the iOS textures to cover the rest - at least these are now displayed correctly, which is why I initially posted here. Fingers crossed that iOS textures will become obsolete soon Thanks!
McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-21, 18:20   #615
Kirishima

I think I found an issue, and I'm not sure if it's already known. When playing the game in a lower resolution (640x480 in my case), fmv's won't play in fullscreen. Just unscaled in the upper corner of the desktop.

If anyone is wondering "Why the **** are you playing in 640x480?", I was using reshade to fake that old 3dfx look which doesn't work in higher res.

Last edited by Kirishima; 24-08-21 at 18:25.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-21, 03:46   #616
Stalgren

Hey I wanted to stop by and say great work on your project! I played through Tomb Raider II with it and it was fantastic!

I wanted to ask, do you plan to try to add in the Dreamcast features that The Last Revelation and Chronicles had to the PC version (working fog for instance)?

I am also curious if you have a patreon or some way to support the development of your projects, I am really excited for them!

Last edited by Stalgren; 31-08-21 at 05:31.
Stalgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-21, 18:02   #617
.snake.

I just recently played all of TR2 with this amazing patch and enjoyed all of the great PS1 effects (plus other things) that this adds to the PC experience.

I am wondering: is it possible to play the TR2 Gold levels with TR2Main as well? Do I simply copy the TR2Main files into my TR2 Gold folder?
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-21, 19:30   #618
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
I am wondering: is it possible to play the TR2 Gold levels with TR2Main as well? Do I simply copy the TR2Main files into my TR2 Gold folder?
It's possible. Consult the guide and scroll down to the TR2 Gold instructions.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-21, 21:16   #619
.snake.

Thank you very much for your response laravision.

I was able to follow all the steps, but how do I "run tomb2.exe with -gold option." ?

I tried right clicking on tomb2.exe and going to properties to enter -gold, but this did not work. I am using the GOG version of TR2.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-21, 21:41   #620
Kirishima

You need to make a shortcut of tomb2 and you need to stick -gold at the end of the "target" string of that shortcut. Your target box should look something like this:

"C:\Games\Core Design\Tomb Raider II\Tomb2.exe" -gold

Otherwise, you're gonna either have to make a bat file or run straight from command line.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote