Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 29-09-21, 08:32   #30571
Nausinous

Ok, what the hell were they planning for the manor originally with these leaked voice lines? It sounds like there was a whole obstacle course, with kettlebells?
Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-21, 11:05   #30572
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausinous View Post
Ok, what the hell were they planning for the manor originally with these leaked voice lines? It sounds like there was a whole obstacle course, with kettlebells?
I'm hoping they will show DLC08 Manor during the Shadow month but I feel like there would be a lot of backlash if they did so it seems to me maybe they won't.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-21, 15:14   #30573
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
I'm hoping they will show DLC08 Manor during the Shadow month but I feel like there would be a lot of backlash if they did so it seems to me maybe they won't.
I feel like it would be if they didn’t show it. Either way someone will give them backlash. I know I would be happy to see some of the concepts or even a little preview of what they had before they scrapped it. If you think about it Shadow really didn’t have a lot of concept stuff.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-21, 15:17   #30574
Raider8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausinous View Post
They used to be working on a Croft Manor expansion for shadow and dropped little hints here and there during the dlc tombs releases. It was supposed to show a lighter and fun croft manor level inspired by classic TR1 manor level with nods to the reboot games and nostalgic hints. It was later cancelled due to it not being qualitative enough or below Square's expectations. This all happened behind the scene and it all cut down to an outfit "Croft Fitness" (again inspired by TR1 home outfit lara wore) that released with the Definitive edition.

Quote:
I sure hope so. That is the only appealing content that was scrapped from the game which was presumably in a near complete state. Also we don't know if Camilla would even stay in future and her voice lines are there.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-21, 15:46   #30575
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I feel like it would be if they didn’t show it. Either way someone will give them backlash. I know I would be happy to see some of the concepts or even a little preview of what they had before they scrapped it. If you think about it Shadow really didn’t have a lot of concept stuff.
It is possible they could still show it, but I don't know what they have access to. The DLC08 (Croft Manor) was about 30-40+ minutes worth of gameplay. So if they do indeed access this then there's plenty to show for sure If they don't show it then I guess it's being kept for the next game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider8 View Post
They used to be working on a Croft Manor expansion for shadow and dropped little hints here and there during the dlc tombs releases. It was supposed to show a lighter and fun croft manor level inspired by classic TR1 manor level with nods to the reboot games and nostalgic hints. It was later cancelled due to it not being qualitative enough or below Square's expectations. This all happened behind the scene and it all cut down to an outfit "Croft Fitness" (again inspired by TR1 home outfit lara wore) that released with the Definitive edition.

I sure hope so. That is the only appealing content that was scrapped from the game which was presumably in a near complete state. Also we don't know if Camilla would even stay in future and her voice lines are there.
I have said in the past before, my personal opinion is that the mansion DLC didn't have quality issues at all. It's a shame Crystal have blamed the cancellation on this. If you do get to see it you'll be surprised at how polished it actually was at the time. It just makes no sense to me that it eventually got canceled.

I wouldn't say this is the only appealing content that got cut from Shadow. There's plenty more things and features that never made it to the final build
Old 29-09-21, 16:04   #30576
Chamayoo

Quote:
I wouldn't say this is the only appealing content that got cut from Shadow. There's plenty more things and features that never made it to the final build
Could you please say more about it ? I'm so curious !

The things I only know :
- The spear that was featured in the leaked early concept art
- The scrapped colour puzzle near the cliff before The Lost City
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-21, 16:12   #30577
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Could you please say more about it ? I'm so curious !

The things I only know :
- The spear that was featured in the leaked early concept art
- The scrapped colour puzzle near the cliff before The Lost City
In early builds, Lara was able to cut down plants and small wooden twigs with a machete which got removed from the game. You may notice that in the key art Lara is holding a machete. There was also more NPC interactions available in early Paititi plus more mechanics which got removed.

I'm sure they'll reveal more during Shadow month so I would say stay tuned for then.
Old 29-09-21, 16:28   #30578
Chamayoo

I forgot about the machete ! I remember thinking back in the day it would be more substantial mechanical wise. I guess I wasn't wrong. Thanks for sharing. Also hope to know more in the dedicated month !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 13:11   #30579
AimlessThunder

Quote:
In early builds, Lara was able to cut down plants and small wooden twigs with a machete which got removed from the game. You may notice that in the key art Lara is holding a machete. There was also more NPC interactions available in early Paititi plus more mechanics which got removed.

I'm sure they'll reveal more during Shadow month so I would say stay tuned for then.
Damn. That's a bummer.. They should have taken more time to develop the game.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 16:24   #30580
Evan C.

Quote:

I can confirm this, and add that Lara would use the small wooden pieces to craft darts that, combining with the frogs (the little ones) she could craft poisonouss darts. This was obviously ditched in the final build.
Evan C. is offline   Reply With Quote