Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 15-11-21, 18:42   #30641
Raider8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE View Post
I just rush through the campaign and leave the rest for when I can wear the cool outfits lol
Same. I played the dlcs, quests, tombs all in croft fitness / syrian tank top / AOD skin/ classic tactical. The only worst experience was when my nightmare was over and lara was wearing the serpent disguise in the valley of the monkey gods.

Last edited by Raider8; 15-11-21 at 18:44.
Raider8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-21, 18:45   #30642
DOPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider8 View Post
Same. I played the dlcs, quests, tombs all in croft fitness / syrian tank top / AOD skin/ classic tactical. The only worst experience was when my nightmare was over and lara was wearing the serpent disguise in the valley of the monkey gods.
Yeah, same happened to me.. that outfit was the real nightmare right there
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-21, 19:20   #30643
AntRaidsTombs

I just don’t understand why they didn’t give people the option to not wear the outfits in NG+. The campaign was already completed, so the option to not wear the tribal gear could’ve been implemented there at least.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-21, 19:55   #30644
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I just don’t understand why they didn’t give people the option to not wear the outfits in NG+. The campaign was already completed, so the option to not wear the tribal gear could’ve been implemented there at least.
It felt so insulting to me. Removing the damn restriction was one of the number 1 requests we had for the game. They were definitely aware of it too, because the DLC Season Pass lasted for a pretty long time and we could chat with the community managers quite frequently. I'm 100% sure they would forward our requests, they just fell on deaf ears.

What bothered me the most is that the problem wasn't that they didn't have time or resources to fix this. For example they did spend an extensive time fixing incredibly niche speedrunning glitches that would NEVER occur in game unless you were intentionally trying to execute them, but the single biggest request we had was just too much of an issue for them. They were way too worried about their stupid "narrative inconsistencies". Screw their narrative inconsistencies, deadass...

I just can't wrap my head around how we were so loud and clear and they were so mute and deaf because the fan demand didn't meet the vision of Lara being a south american tribal royalty. It was so arrogant of them.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 23:48   #30645
Linoshi Croft

Random question, but is it mentioned anywhere that Amelia went to Mexico? I'm replaying Shadow and I swear one of Lara's voice lines is "So much colour and light. My mother must of loved it here". It'd make more sense if Lara said would have loved it here, but I'm pretty sure I heard "must.

EDIT: Definitely must.

Last edited by Linoshi Croft; 04-12-21 at 23:55.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 23:21   #30646
E.Carnby

Marvel's Spider-Man gets two new movie-inspired outfits for free. A game that was released at the same time as Shadow of The Tomb Raider. I don't understand why Shadow didn't get an outfit for the 25th anniversary either. Sad how Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal take care of the brand.
E.Carnby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 00:59   #30647
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Carnby View Post

Marvel's Spider-Man gets two new movie-inspired outfits for free. A game that was released at the same time as Shadow of The Tomb Raider. I don't understand why Shadow didn't get an outfit for the 25th anniversary either. Sad how Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal take care of the brand.
These skins are exclusive to the PS5, to a game that was remastered for PS5 am I right? Why would they give us a outfit for Shadow when the game is done. We haven't received any other content aside from a patch for the PS5 and something for a computer. If the game is done I wouldn't include a 25th anniversary outfit in the game either. They are on to working on the
next game. I rather that than a outfit they add in for people to complain it was a half ass attempt at them caring about the Anniversary.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 02:37   #30648
Raider8

If they were to give us something for the 25th anniversary, Croft Manor DLC would've been the neat-iest thing to give for shadow considering presumably how good and special it was going to be. I even made a thread this year suggesting the idea to release the DLC as 25th Anniversary bonus but it seems they just don't plan or have the resources for it.

We all know that chapter is closed long ago. Their target is the next game for now. And I bet they're working their asses off to please the divided fan base somehow with the next unified game.
Raider8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 07:58   #30649
E.Carnby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
These skins are exclusive to the PS5, to a game that was remastered for PS5 am I right? Why would they give us a outfit for Shadow when the game is done. We haven't received any other content aside from a patch for the PS5 and something for a computer. If the game is done I wouldn't include a 25th anniversary outfit in the game either. They are on to working on the
next game. I rather that than a outfit they add in for people to complain it was a half ass attempt at them caring about the Anniversary.
Spider-Man is also done, it's been done since 2018, but he has support. This is ridiculous. One anniversary outfit is minimal work for a studio of such size as Crystal Dynamics or Eidos Montreal are. They don't care about the players. See Marvel's Avengers support. New Raid mod. Nobody plays it. When someone joins the game and finds that the Raid mission is set up there, they immediately disconnect. They only do what no one wants. All Avengers are just about AIM. Everywhere people say, we want a different faction, a different enemy, and we always get something connected to AIM. The game has been out for over a year and we're still banging on just two humanoid bosses. Abomination and Taskmaster, everything else is robots or machines. Tragic game. This Tomb Raider 25. anniversary is empty for players. No DLC, no game content.

Last edited by E.Carnby; 07-12-21 at 08:06.
E.Carnby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 22:50   #30650
VictorXD

Anyone seen this yet? Damn this video reminded me so much why I love this game
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote