Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 19-11-21, 23:37   #861
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Great.

BTW, I remember one of the AOD cutscenes had a huge problem:

The cutscene where Lara is speaking to Bouchard in a car you can clearly see that the car isn't really moving.(Just take a look at the car windows)

Is there a way to fix that as well ?
That was already fixed a while back by Nakamichi with his level patches, which this mod's files are built from. So you're good to go there.

Last edited by Jathom95; 19-11-21 at 23:47.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-21, 21:59   #862
Jathom95
Archaeologist

How's V1.1.5 coming Reborn?
Old 22-11-21, 14:49   #863
reborninshadow
Historian

It's pretty close to being done, will probably be out this week but can't say the exact time.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-21, 14:56   #864
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Yeah, I can't wait.

I also had a thought about something indirectly related to the Bouchard fix that I really like. You know how by Prague, he mentions Eckhardt was killing his men - and how Lara saw one of them at the church?

I've always taken that to refer to Anton (the gym trainer). But since you didn't even have to speak to him, it always felt like it could potentially fall flat for a first playthrough if you didn't. Someone playing could be like "Who, I didn't see anyone?"

That'll take care of this nicely. Since he's technically hiding out in the church basement. Now that line could refer to either of them since Bouchard never mentions exactly who he's talking about. Just a small thing, but I'm pretty happy about that nonetheless.
Old 22-11-21, 16:38   #865
Joey79100
Professor

Nah, I think it was implied that the "church" was referring to the church basement itself.
He was referring to the half mutant/jelly guy right next to his own cell, that Lara mentioned right at the beginning of their initial conversation. That is indeed the first guy that came to my mind when he mentioned him in Prague.

On the other hand he couldn't know that Lara met Anton, and Anton really doesn't seem to have anything to do with Bouchard.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-21, 17:13   #866
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Nah, I think it was implied that the "church" was referring to the church basement itself.
He was referring to the half mutant/jelly guy right next to his own cell, that Lara mentioned right at the beginning of their initial conversation. That is indeed the first guy that came to my mind when he mentioned him in Prague.

On the other hand he couldn't know that Lara met Anton, and Anton really doesn't seem to have anything to do with Bouchard.
Arnaud? Maybe? But he's still alive when we find him, just a mess from where Eckhardt unsuccessfully tried to kill him.

He's never clicked as the person Bouchard was referring to for me because he always mentions him by name and being "one of his toughest". I mean, look at how we find him - and yet he's still alive. The fact that he doesn't mention who and makes it sound as if it's someone we came across who's actively working for him makes me think it's someone else.
Old 22-11-21, 17:44   #867
dg1995
Archaeologist

As whole those parts where we find some people that are mutated felt really out of place in this game imo.(I mean, why the cult even needed to make Resident Evil style monsters when all their goal was to resurrect a god ?)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-21, 17:46   #868
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
As whole those parts where we find some people that are mutated felt really out of place in this game imo.(I mean, why the cult even needed to make Resident Evil style monsters when all their goal was to resurrect a god ?)
I'm not really sure what you're referring to here, but Tomb Raider always had supernatural elements to it. Especially the earlier games. Why do you think it was out of place?

Edit: If you're talking about the Sanitarium levels, those were experiments being done by Boaz specifically to random people like the truck driver. The goal of reviving the Sleeper and the Nephilim was Eckhardt/Karel's goal.

Last edited by Jathom95; 22-11-21 at 17:56.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-21, 17:56   #869
dg1995
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
I'm not really sure what you're referring to here, but Tomb Raider always had supernatural elements to it. Especially the earlier games. Why do you think it was out of place?
Because they really serve no purpose in the story.

Yeah, fighting skeletons,seeing ghosts,seeing some unknown creatures kinda makes you feel you are in unexplored locations.

But seeing mutant monsters makes you feel that the Cabal are kinda like Resident Evil's Umbrella organization. And the story just says that they kidnap people to experiment on them but that serves no purpose since it is the paintings that revive their god not BOW monsters.

If you remove all of the mutants from the story, nothing of value will be lost from the story.(And that monster that Kurtis kills was an ancient beast I believe)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-21, 18:02   #870
Joey79100
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
Arnaud? Maybe? But he's still alive when we find him, just a mess from where Eckhardt unsuccessfully tried to kill him.

He's never clicked as the person Bouchard was referring to for me because he always mentions him by name and being "one of his toughest". I mean, look at how we find him - and yet he's still alive. The fact that he doesn't mention who and makes it sound as if it's someone we came across who's actively working for him makes me think it's someone else.
It's still the most logical explanation to me. Anton doesn't die either and doesn't have any connection to Bouchard.
It could be that Arnaud's state was temporary and he eventually died. We don't know when he died. Maybe he didn't. Or maybe Bouchard considered him dead anyway considering his state.
Or maybe he was just referring to him as another example of what things Echkardt did to his men, not specifically meaning that this one died, but just as another example of what he could do (besides killing).
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote