www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 29-11-21, 22:56   #421
malferink
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Im sure they're happy to see you fighting their battles for them.

Wasn't trying to be a bitch @Valentino. I respect Chloe way too much to do that.
who are ''they''?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
It's only that noticeable because this freaking fanbase has the weird obcession of scrutinizing everything CD does so they can complain about it afterwards.

Like seriously! The only thing is actually really noticeable and weird that is being reused is in RotTR right at the beginning of Syria, where they reuse the exact animations beat to bit from TR2013 of injured Lara falling down and noticing something ahead of her.

Everything else? Unless you are really looking you will never notice some building in both TR2013 and RotTR have the same layout, because they look and are used in different ways. Unless you are looking for changes in the animations you wouldn't be noticing they are the same. And of course they are the same! They are for the same character and by a studio who doesn't have the luxury of remaking literally every single asset just because.

Like seriously, come on. This is not new! Even Core reused assets! I don't know why this is such a topic. Are we really complaining that a company works smart? What's the problem here?
I mean I do see the point how the game copied each other a little too much. it was a bit noticeable. Nothing wrong with reusing some assets or animations tho. but some beats were a little too similair to each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
Updates from the community stream so far

The Holidays have messed up the schedule for interviews and content, CD will be mostly out of the office until January.

The Shadow stream will likely be the first week of January

THE AOD ART HAS ARRIVED, IT'S IN GOLD LEAF
oh damn I want to watch the stream, anyone have a link?
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-21, 00:01   #422
Valentino
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
It's only that noticeable because this freaking fanbase has the weird obcession of scrutinizing everything CD does so they can complain about it afterwards.

Like seriously! The only thing is actually really noticeable and weird that is being reused is in RotTR right at the beginning of Syria, where they reuse the exact animations beat to bit from TR2013 of injured Lara falling down and noticing something ahead of her.

Everything else? Unless you are really looking you will never notice some building in both TR2013 and RotTR have the same layout, because they look and are used in different ways. Unless you are looking for changes in the animations you wouldn't be noticing they are the same. And of course they are the same! They are for the same character and by a studio who doesn't have the luxury of remaking literally every single asset just because.

Like seriously, come on. This is not new! Even Core reused assets! I don't know why this is such a topic. Are we really complaining that a company works smart? What's the problem here?

How is it anything to do with this fan base scrutinizing Crystal? I'll always defend Crystals early work with LAU. And I have praise for certain aspects of the survivor timeline. But everything Crystal reused, from story beats, story set up, animations, that same building ....... they were noticed straight away on my first ever playthrough. I wasn't looking for any of that. And they still stick out on my playthrough im on right now (so it's not just the first section of the game . Not sure where you've been but it's pretty well known by everyone how insanely similar Rise plays out like 2013.) I have no ties to anyone on here or the behaviour that goes on here. I pointed these things out because I hate that these little things hold Crystal back from being top tier. They are literally minor things..... like who cares?...........well, seems like I do....because it sticks out to me while i'm playing and I start pointing things out that I've already experienced in 2013. I don't think Crystal are lazy whatsoever. But that word just floats in to my head whenever I see rehashes.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-21, 00:58   #423
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
How is it anything to do with this fan base scrutinizing Crystal? I'll always defend Crystals early work with LAU. And I have praise for certain aspects of the survivor timeline. But everything Crystal reused, from story beats, story set up, animations, that same building ....... they were noticed straight away on my first ever playthrough. I wasn't looking for any of that. And they still stick out on my playthrough im on right now (so it's not just the first section of the game . Not sure where you've been but it's pretty well known by everyone how insanely similar Rise plays out like 2013.) I have no ties to anyone on here or the behaviour that goes on here. I pointed these things out because I hate that these little things hold Crystal back from being top tier. They are literally minor things..... like who cares?...........well, seems like I do....because it sticks out to me while i'm playing and I start pointing things out that I've already experienced in 2013. I don't think Crystal are lazy whatsoever. But that word just floats in to my head whenever I see rehashes.
Look, talking about story bits, especially between TR2013 and Rise, that is fair. And I even talk about the one moment where it is too blantant that it is literally the same animation and story beat. That one is the one that really doesn't have an excuse.

But the rest, especially how the story is constructed, sorry, but it just seems to be a weird criticism. Especially when it something that is that unique to Tomb Raider. Not even talking about just games either. It applies to movies, books, comics, any sort of media. They all work in recognizable patterns, especially if they belong to the same franchise.

Okay, fine, you found those similarities between TR2013 and RotTR in your first playthrough. Cool. But can I ask you why? Why specifically Tomb Raider? Especially since, outside of that weird cinematic/gameplay I talked, Rise isn't really copying TR2013, but it is actually following the same story beats most action adventure stories, regardless of media, is following? Why is it somehow a problem in Tomb Raider and not anywhere else? Why is it a problem from CD, and not from literally anyone else?

What I am saying is that unconscious bias is a thing. And I wouldn't be surprised if this would be a case here.

Sorry, maybe I am also completely misunderstanding things. Maybe it is my own unconsicous biases getting the best of me here. But I really cannot compreend how something that is so standard in literally everything, and something that is standard not because of lazyness, but because resources have to be allocated smartly, is somehow such a problem for CD. I seriously cannot understand.
Old 30-11-21, 08:09   #424
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

I fell asleep last night. Oops.

The Rise Art is ready

The Shadow artist is a YouTube channel with millions of subs

The Shadow art will be next week
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-21, 11:52   #425
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Wow we'll have 3 arts in a matter of a week ?
Old 30-11-21, 15:38   #426
malferink
Archaeologist

Where can I watch the stream? I can't find it
Old 30-11-21, 17:01   #427
blue_box
Historian

malferink, I believe there was no intro on Crystal's channel this time, here are the rest links for the stream:
twitch.tv/videos/1219411700
twitch.tv/videos/1219385380
twitch.tv/videos/1219455211
twitch.tv/videos/1219577053
blue_box is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-21, 19:48   #428
tlr online
Administrator

Quote:
We wrapped up our last community playthrough stream of 2021 yesterday with Rise of the Tomb Raider! It's crazy to think we've journeyed through almost the whole TR game catalogue this year and retold Lara's tales through so many incredible streamers.

We have custom streamer kits for both games that you can download and use for your own channel, check them out below!
https://tombraider25.square-enix-gam.../streamer-kit/
tlr online is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 08:05   #429
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

I forgot they gave Ana Pure Hair on Xbox, and it makes her look so much better. They could’ve at least let us get it too on PS4 Pro or PS5, the hair exclusivity should be over now lol.
Old 05-12-21, 13:12   #430
malferink
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I forgot they gave Ana Pure Hair on Xbox, and it makes her look so much better. They could’ve at least let us get it too on PS4 Pro or PS5, the hair exclusivity should be over now lol.
what about PC?