Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider on Mobile

Old 06-03-22, 17:47   #1111
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Apparently Reloaded is still being developed, but boy has development slowed to a crawl.
I've been glancing at the official discord server every so often and there hasn't been a single post from the community manager or any developer on the project in days.

They should have posted something at least in my opinion. Some people are already jumping the gun with "TRR Cancelled?" comments. Which is probably not true, but still.

And yes, the development has been very slow. Especially considering that this game was originally supposed to come out globally in Q4 2021 if memory serves? I could be wrong about that.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-22, 04:03   #1112
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
I've been glancing at the official discord server every so often and there hasn't been a single post from the community manager or any developer on the project in days.

They should have posted something at least in my opinion. Some people are already jumping the gun with "TRR Cancelled?" comments. Which is probably not true, but still.

And yes, the development has been very slow. Especially considering that this game was originally supposed to come out globally in Q4 2021 if memory serves? I could be wrong about that.
Yeah that's true, there was also so much content they had teased yet we don't hear anything about. They are focused on these events that are mega grindy and honestly not worth my time. I'm worried that a lot of those plans got scraped and they don't know what direction to take Reloaded. I haven't played the game anymore and quick glances at the discord server is sad at the lack of activity. I also don't see Ed in the discord anymore which is to be expected I suppose.

I wonder what really happened because from some of eds tweets it sounds like it wasn't entirely a decision made on a positive note. Probably some T they ain't gonna spill.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 07-03-22 at 04:04.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-22, 12:06   #1113
Vaskito

The way he worded his tweet about leaving, it gives me the impression of a bit of bad blood between SE and him. Maybe I'm reading too much into it
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-22, 23:39   #1114
jajay119

No it definitely implies animosity. 'Despite my best efforts... isn't the place got me' shoes irreconcilable conflict.

I wouldn't be surprised if SE took issue with the game and made lots of demands of it which is why he left. Say what you want about the game, he was clearly passionate about it.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 11:52   #1115
Evan C.

Or this game was announced way sooner than it should have been, or that guy was the only person working on this, because how is it possible that a mobile game take so many time to be done? It's a waste of resources, and it's not the first time they try to do a mobile game with the IP and get's erased from earth.
Evan C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 17:08   #1116
UroshUchiha

On their official discord there are a few people with the developer role. But I have never seen any one of them type anything on the server.

The only active person from the staff is the community manager. And when she is not around, takes a day off or simply offline for whatever reason, the entire server feels dead.

Almost every update to date had various bugs in it. Some of them being so obvious that if literally one person tried the game in the dev team, they'd see it. So it kinda feels like the "Early Raiders" are pretty much unpaid testers.

I would really like to see a deep dive of behind the scenes of TRR cause I find it impossibly that such a "simple" mobile game takes so long to ship content.

Something here doesn't add up to me and I am not sure what.

Don't get me wrong, there's some fun to be had here for a free mobile game. But at the moment this is just a mobile game with TR skin on top of it. Nothing really screams TR to me currently.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 22:49   #1117
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
On their official discord there are a few people with the developer role. But I have never seen any one of them type anything on the server.

The only active person from the staff is the community manager. And when she is not around, takes a day off or simply offline for whatever reason, the entire server feels dead.

Almost every update to date had various bugs in it. Some of them being so obvious that if literally one person tried the game in the dev team, they'd see it. So it kinda feels like the "Early Raiders" are pretty much unpaid testers.

I would really like to see a deep dive of behind the scenes of TRR cause I find it impossibly that such a "simple" mobile game takes so long to ship content.

Something here doesn't add up to me and I am not sure what.

Don't get me wrong, there's some fun to be had here for a free mobile game. But at the moment this is just a mobile game with TR skin on top of it. Nothing really screams TR to me currently.
Also think of the money. I can't imagine this game taking so long to develop and yet they seem to have the funds for it and not maintaining the classic ports on mobile. I personally think this game will be shelved at some point. I don't see it being a big hit outside of the fan base who will try it for a few days then get bored with the same grind fest this mobile game is. Updates have slowed, content has slowed, and it seems the devs have no idea what to do with Reloaded. I see many in the discord making suggestions and they are things the devs apparently never thought about which are super simple things that other mobile games already have.

I won't be surprised if within the next few months the game just stealthily releases or gets shelved.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 11-03-22 at 22:51.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 17:30   #1118
Tombraider95

The only reason I don't want this game shelved is because of Shelley's, Juddith, Jonell & Keeley's involvement. It would be extremely disappointing to not be able to hear their lines and their return as Lara canceled.

As I've said before, the longer this game takes the worse it gets. How they've managed to be in development with this game for so long, yet people think remakes/ports "wouldn't be financially beneficial" baffles me.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 03:58   #1119
LateRaider
Inactive

wow, this is pretty big news. i wonder what was going on? it really does make me think TR isn't going to survive past XII
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 07:05   #1120
Ellioft

They are working on two additionnal levels and new special events it's on the discord it's not shelved.

Last edited by Ellioft; 14-03-22 at 07:08.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote