Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 14-03-22, 03:50   #21
Woops

Thank you, I will look into the crossbow :]
And yes, we have a few fixes planned for fog. unsure yet if we’ll change the fog color in certain levels but it’s totally possible! (like the blue in Temple of Karnak, I think it was a typo from someone. And, the Dreamcast version fixed it, even. It’s brown there)
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 03:56   #22
Jathom95

^ Oh, how fantastic!
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 10:08   #23
CheshireBitch

It's really great !!! I loved what you did for TR5 !!
Can't wait to try it with TR4 !
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 10:10   #24
tomblover

Potentially stupid question: does this work for The Times Exclusive as well?

I'm aware TE has a few issues that are unique to it, because of the incomplete wad used to make the level IIRC, but baseline compatibility ought to be the same, no?

(assuming they use the same stock tomb4.exe, which I suppose might not be the case)

Last edited by tomblover; 14-03-22 at 10:17.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 11:15   #25
Kirishima

Didn't the ps1 version have a screen flash effect for the flash grenades?

Also was just testing an Alexandria save for compatibility, and for some reason explosive crossbow ammo wouldn't destroy the targets in that target practice area in Coastal Ruins. It's probably just me, though...
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 13:07   #26
Ameliorator

Troye! This is incredible! Like others have said, I definitely wasn't expecting this to come so soon after tomb5 but I'm so happy it has. Once again you guys have come to the rescue of another classic TR on PC and it's great to see TLR get some modding attention. The addition of Lara actually aligning with the slope she's crawling on is such a cool feature

There's 2 things I wanted to ask about: The first being the art gallery available on the Dreamcast version. It's not an important feature at all but could that be added to this? The second thing being echo and reverb effects from PS1 - are they possible to have on PC? I don't know how much you are able to actually alter these games with the tools you have so I'm sorry if these are silly requests lol
Ameliorator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 13:23   #27
Kirishima

@Ameliorator

I doubt the art gallery will be supported, but I did ask a similar question about reverb in the Tomb5 thread and Troye said it was planned. May also be the case for Tomb4, but that's just speculation. Reverb does seem to be possible since several TRLE levels appear to have it implemented from some of the videos I've seen.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 13:37   #28
ToMbRaIdErxFtW

Hey this is awesome! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to Tomb Raider and it's community!

Question: Is there a way to have the game in widescreen but without stretching the FMV's, HUD and Text? If there isn't, would it be possible to add something like that please?

Last edited by ToMbRaIdErxFtW; 14-03-22 at 14:25.
ToMbRaIdErxFtW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 14:33   #29
Acacea

These patches are always so amazing. Thank you good soul!
Acacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 14:44   #30
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
It's really great !!! I loved what you did for TR5 !!
Can't wait to try it with TR4 !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acacea View Post
These patches are always so amazing. Thank you good soul!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
Potentially stupid question: does this work for The Times Exclusive as well?

I'm aware TE has a few issues that are unique to it, because of the incomplete wad used to make the level IIRC, but baseline compatibility ought to be the same, no?

(assuming they use the same stock tomb4.exe, which I suppose might not be the case)
Should be compatible, should be the same installation process
But, the cutscenes may not work properly, I haven’t tested it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
Didn't the ps1 version have a screen flash effect for the flash grenades?

Also was just testing an Alexandria save for compatibility, and for some reason explosive crossbow ammo wouldn't destroy the targets in that target practice area in Coastal Ruins. It's probably just me, though...
The grenades flash the screen if you have volumetric fog off
As for the crossbow bug, another user reported they can’t use them to damage enemies, so I’m pretty sure it’s a decompilation bug. Will be fixed asap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameliorator View Post
Troye! This is incredible! Like others have said, I definitely wasn't expecting this to come so soon after tomb5 but I'm so happy it has. Once again you guys have come to the rescue of another classic TR on PC and it's great to see TLR get some modding attention. The addition of Lara actually aligning with the slope she's crawling on is such a cool feature

There's 2 things I wanted to ask about: The first being the art gallery available on the Dreamcast version. It's not an important feature at all but could that be added to this? The second thing being echo and reverb effects from PS1 - are they possible to have on PC? I don't know how much you are able to actually alter these games with the tools you have so I'm sorry if these are silly requests lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
@Ameliorator

I doubt the art gallery will be supported, but I did ask a similar question about reverb in the Tomb5 thread and Troye said it was planned. May also be the case for Tomb4, but that's just speculation. Reverb does seem to be possible since several TRLE levels appear to have it implemented from some of the videos I've seen.
As Kirishima said, the gallery isn’t planned, but the reverb is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMbRaIdErxFtW View Post
Hey this is awesome! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to Tomb Raider and it's community!

Question: Is there a way to have the game in widescreen but without stretching the FMV's, HUD and Text? If there isn't, would it be possible to add something like that please?
I’ll try to see if it’s possible, but, at least at the moment, it seems unlikely. The entire system is built around the game being 4:3 so it makes things a little complicated

Last edited by Woops; 14-03-22 at 14:45.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote