Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 01-07-22, 13:39   #10551
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
His tentacle haircut aside, he's the last person I'd imagine Lara to be with. A terrible introduction for a new character that thankfully never came to fruition (child marriage, spin-off series etc).
I can't believe there are people out there who think Rapey Trent was a good idea lol.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 14:16   #10552
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
I think in order to make most people happy (can't make everyone happy, that's impossible) they can consider her to be bi. You know, IF she has a fling of some sort, maybe one time it can be with a guy, the next with a girl etc. And that's a last resort kind of thing.

Not any proper relationships though.

I don't think adding romance in a franchise that never had it to begin with is a good idea. And that's the most important path.
Im not sure i follow your argument here, isnt it the point of a franchise moving forward to do new stuff? Do things that havent been done? Explore new grounds?
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 14:22   #10553
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Im not sure i follow your argument here, isnt it the point of a franchise moving forward to do new stuff? Do things that havent been done? Explore new grounds?
Then you wouldn't be against adding kart racing, presumably.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 14:25   #10554
Tombraider95

There's a very clear line between exploring new things & making an entirely different game. If anything TR needs to go back to it's origins and start there.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 14:34   #10555
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Then you wouldn't be against adding kart racing, presumably.
I said it countless of times that i want a Tomb Raider Multiverse...so yeah, a dumb mario kart like game in a comicy Tomb Raider universe...i would be all for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
There's a very clear line between exploring new things & making an entirely different game. If anything TR needs to go back to it's origins and start there.
I dont disagree but would adding romance or so make it a whole different game?
How would that stop lara from platforming, solving puzzles, fighting?

Last edited by Mani_Man; 01-07-22 at 14:37.
Old 01-07-22, 14:45   #10556
Tombraider95

Quote:
I dont disagree but would adding romance or so make it a whole different game?
How would that stop lara from platforming, solving puzzles, fighting?
1. It goes against Lara's character of being asexual/loner/independent. You should know this being a TR fan.

2. We've had enough parental drama, do we really want relationship drama now too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
Is there any gays who's wouldn't mind Lara being lesbian? Or is it just lesbians with a horny fantasy idea they'd like? Is there any straights here who wouldn't mind her being lesbian?
My own take: detest the idea. Detest the topic always popping up. But as we're on it, just wanted to understand where it keeps coming from. As a gay.... i don't need to change a solidified character to lesbian or even need an NPC gay character to show representation.
100%. I also really dislike the idea, especially because Lara is supposed to be independent.
Old 01-07-22, 14:54   #10557
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
1. It goes against Lara's character of being asexual/loner/independent. You should know this being a TR fan.

2. We've had enough parental drama, do we really want relationship drama now too?
1.There is nothing in Tomb Raider canon that states she is asexual and a loner...independent for sure, but it was shown that she has people in her life and that she isnt against certain human interactions...there is no factual statement to that.

You dont need to like it, but that doesnt mean its against the character or anything when canon tells otherwise.

2.It doesnt need to be dramatic, it can be something casual, something simple.

Im not saying she desperatly needs a relationship or so, i just dont see why it would hurt the character in any kind of way.

Last edited by Mani_Man; 01-07-22 at 15:03.
Old 01-07-22, 15:03   #10558
HarleyCroft

I'm not getting trying to get too involved but Tomb Raider does not need romance.

Lara's original characterization should return and that bitch is made of stone. No partners for her, whether she's it's faking it to manipulate or actually finding her ♡twuu wuv♡.
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 15:07   #10559
charmedangelin

Kurtis was not a street thug, at least if AOD had been completed.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 15:09   #10560
Tombraider95

Quote:
1.There is nothing in Tomb Raider canon that states she is asexual and a loner...independent for sure, but it was shown that she has people in her life and that she isnt against certain human interactions...there is no factual statement to that.
Incorrect...

Quote:
2 weeks later, when she walked into the village of Tokakeriby, her experience had a profound effect on her. Unable to stand the claustrophobic suffocating atmosphere of upper-class British society, she realized that she was only truly alive when she was traveling alone.
Her being Asexual is an educated assumption from looking at the tons of evidence we have. The only romantic interest she's had was in the AJ movies. Otherwise in the games she is a loner and displays characteristics of asexual.

But I'm not getting into this debate again.

Quote:
2.It doesnt need to be dramatic, it can be something casual, something simple.
Crystal will make it dramatic. They wouldn't bother to put Lara into a romantic relationship (which goes against her character) to push it in the background. It's unnecessary. There's plenty of other games that include romantic relationships. Just because other games might have it, doesn't mean TR needs too as well.