Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 31-07-22, 17:48   #31451
redfox45

This really reminded me of Lara vs Manfred Powell

https://twitter.com/SofiaStunts/stat...n7Xo-HvBk02mEg
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 01:03   #31452
charmedangelin

Square Enix is so lazy. I'm only sharing this because when Shadow came out people had so many questions as to why things like blood and gore were censored in the final version of Shadow.

Well Square Enix launched a manga reading app and are applying a global censorship policy vs censoring content based on region. It's super lazy and explains why Shadow may have had the kind of global censorship it had when it launched.

https://twitter.com/Otaku_USA/status...3a2Ur1hVA&s=19

Last edited by charmedangelin; 02-08-22 at 02:36.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 01:37   #31453
Xilurm

Good thing Embracer is based in Europe then huh?
Xilurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 17:47   #31454
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Quote:
Square Enix has announced consolidated financial results for the three-month period ended 30 June, 2022. The Japanese publisher has agreed to sell Eidos, Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix Montreal and a catalogue of IPs including Tomb Raider to Embracer Group for 300 million USD with the transaction set to complete during the second quarter of Embracer's financial year 22/23 (July-September 2022).

"The Digital Entertainment segment consists of planning, development, distribution, and operation of digital entertainment content primarily in the form of games. Digital entertainment content is offered to meet customer lifestyles across a variety of usage environments such as consumer game consoles (including handheld game machines), personal computers, and smart devices."

"Due to decreased earnings from new titles, the HD (High-Definition) Game sub-segment’s net sales for the three-month period ended June 30, 2022 declined compared to the same period of the previous fiscal year, which had included the release of OUTRIDERS and NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139..."

"In the MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) Game sub-segment, net sales rose versus the same period of the previous fiscal year due to growth in the number of monthly paying subscribers for FINAL FANTASY XIV. While ECHOES of MANA got off to a solid start following its April launch, net sales in the Games for Smart Devices/PC Browser sub-segment declined compared to the same period of the previous fiscal year, in part because of weak performances from existing titles."

"Net sales and operating income in the Digital Entertainment segment totaled ¥53,570 million (a decrease of 23.3% from the same period of the prior fiscal year), and ¥14,140 million (a decrease of 17.5% from the same period of the prior fiscal year), respectively."

"As of June 30, 2022, total current assets were ¥313,399 million, a decrease of ¥9,055 million compared to March 31, 2022. This was mainly due to decreases in cash and deposits of ¥17,483 million and notes and accounts receivable-trade of ¥7,155 million, while content production account increased by ¥14,498 million. As of June 30, 2022, total non-current assets were ¥59,991 million, an increase of ¥1,543 million compared to March 31, 2022. As a result, total assets were ¥373,391 million, a decrease of ¥7,511 million compared to March 31, 2022."
https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines4495.html
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 19:23   #31455
HarleyCroft

Made another video! Testing out lighting and stuff. The next will involve gameplay too and not just be focused on my mugly fug, I promise

HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 21:12   #31456
redfox45

Holy crap nice moves Harley! I wish I could do that
Your vids so far have been really entertaining. Hope you keep making them they're great

and the tactical rubber chicken? MASTER stroke!
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 22:07   #31457
HarleyCroft

^thank you I am out of practice when it comes to flipping But I like making videos and people watching/giving feedback makes it even better
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 23:43   #31458
LNSNHGTDS

https://twitter.com/tombraider/statu...XeUZCswLg&s=19

The official accounts have shared this post asking who Lara Croft is to fans. It could be just for engagement but it could also be a way to gauge fans' opinions.

Well, I guess this is our chance?
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 03:36   #31459
lance6439

Its for engagements and nothing else. If they've actually been listening to anything the fanbase had been asking for these past 13 years, they wouldn't even entertain the thought of inserting a romantic relationship or "mini tomb raiders" to join Lara on her adventures. Why would they ask for fan opinions when deep down they know what everyone wants?

Last edited by tlr online; 06-08-22 at 04:00. Reason: Removed insults. Please post respectfully Lance.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 05:46   #31460
.snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Its for engagements and nothing else. If they've actually been listening to anything the fanbase had been asking for these past 13 years, they wouldn't even entertain the thought of inserting a romantic relationship or "mini tomb raiders" to join Lara on her adventures. Why would they ask for fan opinions when deep down they know what everyone wants?
It's definitely just fan engagements to keep the social media pages alive. I also don't think they'd be acting this quickly if it was part of an overhaul to the current game.

The leak happened only a few days ago, and I think it would take a few weeks for Crystal to put together a course of action as to how they can indirectly poll fans for their feedback as to who Lara is to fans... and then that plan has to filter down to Meagan, Nehan, and the other guy running the socials. I think the higher ups are probably still scrambling trying to figure out what to do, or have decided they're right and we're wrong, and they know what's best for the character and franchise.

Probably the latter.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote