Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 08-10-22, 08:51   #1511
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis6 View Post
I'm replaying AOD with this Patch again!

Quick Questions:
Is there a way to remove the blocking movement in the tutorials?
How can I add the 180 turn? That to me is a lifesaver of the controls
Removing the control locks during the tutorials leads to lines flowing over one another by accident and this leads to skipping them. If you really actively want to skip them yourselves, you can push the Sprint button.

Instead of an 180 degree turn you can just roll, that has the same effect. If I remember correctly, the 180 degree turn is still there when you use camera relative controls (meant for a controller), just like in the PS2 version. The tank control mode has the roll.
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 14:17   #1512
Kurtis6

Yes, I found the NEW PS2 Controls option. Thanks!
Kurtis6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-22, 18:25   #1513
reborninshadow

Hey everyone, just some quick updates about the next release:

- Release 1.3.0 won't take nearly as long as the 1.2.0 release and it's currently being worked on. It'll probably be released alongside the definitive edition project demo by TRJTA.

- It will mostly be focused on quite a big voice lines and audio overhaul, along with some other cool stuff in both the exe and the levels. You'll hopefully get a video sneak-peek in the near future

- Here's one of the things coming in the next release:

reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 11:29   #1514
Felix Kroft

Deactivated.

Last edited by Felix Kroft; 22-03-23 at 22:52.
Felix Kroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 15:19   #1515
reborninshadow

Thanks a lot for the awesome feedback Felix

I get what you mean regarding the camera, as far as I know it is also like that on the PS2 version but I will probably remove that restriction in the upcoming release once I figure out how to do it

As for the control locks during tutorials, I am conflicted about those because on one hand, they can be annoying but at the same time I also don't want people (especially newer players) to accidentally skip them by triggering another tutorial line. For now, you can skip them by pressing the Look button or you can use Nakamichi's multipatcher on your exe file to get rid of them.
Old 10-10-22, 15:49   #1516
Felix Kroft

Deactivated.

Last edited by Felix Kroft; 22-03-23 at 22:52.
Felix Kroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 18:43   #1517
KIKO

I personally could do without the tutorial locks. I like what Sasho did, they way it would skip to the next tutorial. As for new players skipping tutorials, I think most people using this mod are people who have already played AOD. I see new playthroughs on youtube every now and then and it’s mostly the vanilla version.

I wish this mod would be more talked about/known outside of TRF. It truly deserves to be the “standard” way of playing this game.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-22, 11:10   #1518
FairFriend

I'm wondering about the story so far section...is it a recap of previous events leading up to AOD, namely egypt? Are you going to use the fmv released by Peter Connelly (if memory serves) some years ago? Regardless, exciting stuff as usual!
FairFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-22, 15:19   #1519
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Kroft View Post
And would that Nakamichi's multipatcher safely alter only that one function, without removing any of Restoration Project content or corrupting EXE?
I'm afraid that i might mess something up.
That option in the multipatcher should work perfectly fine with this, there are some options in that which will break the exe in this mod but that one should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairFriend View Post
I'm wondering about the story so far section...is it a recap of previous events leading up to AOD, namely egypt? Are you going to use the fmv released by Peter Connelly (if memory serves) some years ago? Regardless, exciting stuff as usual!
It's going to be the upcoming Myth of El Hawa animated short film which shows the events between TR4 - AOD. It's been written by Murti and it's been made to fit in with the game we ended up getting so it's a much better choice to add that in imo. I should also add that the amulet item will be added to the inventory at the start of the game following this addition (for story purposes of course).

Last edited by reborninshadow; 11-10-22 at 15:20.
Old 11-10-22, 16:35   #1520
TRJTA

It's so exciting to read people's reaction in here. It really starts to feel like people are beginning to understand just how amazing the Restoration Project really is, and with that also my Definitive Edition (that 100% incorporates the Restoration Project) will be.

I am absolutely confident in saying that AOD couldn't be in better hands than with our Restoration Project / Definitive Edition team.

Every single thing we've done for this project has been thought out extremely well and is always in line with Core's and Murti's original vision for AOD. It totally only improves on the game without ever diminshing anything the original game had. This is true for all the gameplay, control and storytelling improvements as well as the graphical improvements.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm looking forward to the release of my Definitive Edition so so much. Can't wait for everyone to play it!

Last edited by TRJTA; 11-10-22 at 16:36.
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote