Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 08-10-22, 20:54   #19831
PinkyPromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Well this is strange

There you go

https://imgur.com/a/gxPS9NS
Oh! Thank u!

Awesome! Those storyboards would have translated a great scene
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-22, 23:32   #19832
Tonyrobinson

I am thinking more and more about the possibility of Hayley Atwell playing a live action Lara and I feel like she could really portray some true classic elements of the character.

The film versions have never really portrayed the aristocratic Lara that we have seen in the games, wearing formal gowns while kicking ass and attending operas or having an elite education behind her. I feel like Hayley could portray that sophisticated side of the character which they've never explored much in the movies.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-22, 02:04   #19833
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I am thinking more and more about the possibility of Hayley Atwell playing a live action Lara and I feel like she could really portray some true classic elements of the character.

The film versions have never really portrayed the aristocratic Lara that we have seen in the games, wearing formal gowns while kicking ass and attending operas or having an elite education behind her. I feel like Hayley could portray that sophisticated side of the character which they've never explored much in the movies.
I can already see her in a similar scene to the one where Lara is wearing a gown. Min 1:00.

AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-22, 08:30   #19834
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
I can already see her in a similar scene to the one where Lara is wearing a gown. Min 1:00.

I think Lara as a character was never into keeping company with other aristocrats or socialites (including her parents if we go back to the original bio) but she certainly wasn't afraid of enjoying the money she had having expensive guns and vehicles and attending a few formal events. I'd like to see more of that side of the character on screen.

Minus the parental drama and issues I think an amalgamation of TR2/Legend Lara would translate really well on screen to a modern audience, she has quips, comedy and sarcasm while still being able to kick ass.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 18-12-22 at 08:36.
Old 23-12-22, 03:01   #19835
Moon-Safari

Did we ever figure out what the green paint on the bicycle was about? I feel like it's way too random and specific to not have meaning. And just really weird and out of place for the movie. Any guesses?
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-22, 08:10   #19836
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
Did we ever figure out what the green paint on the bicycle was about? I feel like it's way too random and specific to not have meaning. And just really weird and out of place for the movie. Any guesses?
You mean the 2018 movie?

Lara was short on cash and couldn't afford to pay her fee at the boxing club, when she heard about the fox hunt game she agreed to be the fox to get the money they were offering because she thought she had a good chance to win.

It was a fox trail, they chased Lara through the city by using the paint trail she left behind so they could hunt her movements, when the police car hit her it ended up splattering.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 23-12-22 at 08:16.
Old 23-12-22, 16:41   #19837
Moon-Safari

^Thank you! I love visual supplements in a thread lol. I think it was symbolic of something. Like the green paint was the trail to classic Lara everybody was chasing. There has to be a deeper meaning besides the context in the movie. What do you think it could be?
Old 23-12-22, 16:47   #19838
HarleyCroft

As we learned later during a tense death trap, yellow and blue together make green

Man, Lara is brilliant. Maybe if she was my friend growing up I wouldn't have failed kindergarten so many times
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-22, 16:56   #19839
Moon-Safari

^Yoooooo! You are good! There's so many easter eggs and hidden symbols in that scene too. "She must die to bring back life" is Classic Lara dying and coming back in AOD, or AOD being the death and Legend being the rebirth (What are you doing Lara? "Ascending" - CD brought the franchise back from the dead) And then we finally have context for Lara telling Alex in the first movie "You stole my prayer wheels" haha. I need to watch this movie again. There's more than meets the eye. Too bad it was Alicea's only film, I'm afraid she's aged out of the role.
Old 24-12-22, 00:01   #19840
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
^Thank you! I love visual supplements in a thread lol. I think it was symbolic of something. Like the green paint was the trail to classic Lara everybody was chasing. There has to be a deeper meaning besides the context in the movie. What do you think it could be?
I think they actually shot themselves in the foot with the scenes original intention. As we know Lara's bike is destroyed by the police car during this scene and she still doesn't accept her fathers dead so she won't touch his fortune, she feels he isnt turly gone so she has no claim to it. It also highlights that she's a skilled cyclist.

The original ending had Lara riding on a motorbike to the Manor instead of that awful car product placement, at this point there is growth in her character because she has accepted Richard has now died, she uses the fortune to upgrade her bike to a motorcycle. It shows her bike skills and acceptance of her fathers death and the inherited wealth she has. Lara starts in debt with no money and not accepting of her fathers death with a crappy bicycle and by the end everything is flipped - a classic example of the heroes journey trope.

It was supposed to be a full circle moment which paralled that she was slowly becoming closer to the iconography of Lara Croft.

Unfortunately the scene doesn't entirely work because of the product placement. Had they left the motorcycle in, it would've arguably been better story telling and made more sense for her character arc.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 24-12-22 at 00:11.