Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 10-11-23, 11:38   #1
Crunchy

Default Help with FlipEffect 148 (text showing on the screen)

Hello, I don't understand some Script related things. I added the 143 Flipeffect trigger in one of the rooms in my level and don't know how to correctly add codes in my Script and English.dat. When Lara step on the triggered tile it only shows "PLUGIN_FLEP". I've tried many tutorials but still nothing works. I have ono idea what I'm doing wrong. Can someone tell me step by step what should I copy and paste to my Script to show the text on the screen?
Crunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-23, 11:45   #2
LoreRaider

I've had a look at the flipeffect that you're using and it looks like it takes the strings from the "ExtraNG" section
So in order to add and print them correctly, go inside TombIDE and click the "Scripting Studio" section (the file icon), on the right you'll now have a list of all your files inside the Script folder and you should see "English.txt", double click that
Now on the left, you'll see a list of types of strings and you have to click on ExtraNG, this is where you'll add your new strings (of course you can also swap other strings in the other sections, but for now let's use this one)

Last but not least, look at the ID you see close to the string you type, this is the ID you have to use in "Timer" field on the trigger
If it still prints the wrong string, use one lower ID than the one you see in TombIDE
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-23, 11:59   #3
Crunchy

Omg, thank you for quick response LoreRaider Ok, I'll try this
Crunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-23, 23:26   #4
Titak

Exclamation

TRNG is used, so thread moved to TRNG section.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote