www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 31-12-20, 17:15   #30331
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
Am I the only one so happy the reboot trilogy happened?

I'm playing through TR 2013 again, and I just love the direction the series has taken. I just wish a few things stuck, like Lara having the duals in Rise + Shadow.

I love Shadow, but I also feel like Rise is one of the greatest games of this generation. So packed with content and visuals that still look like one of the best on the market today IMO

I hope we get news soon on a new game, I hope they don't just ditch the reboot timeline, that would be so wasted. I just want another game in the same universe but set about 5-8 years later with a more mature Lara.
You're not alone! There are lots of us who love The Reboot (which doesn't mean that we don't love Classic Lara...)

But there are lots of Reboot haters, too.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-20, 18:30   #30332
Raider8
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
You're not alone! There are lots of us who love The Reboot (which doesn't mean that we don't love Classic Lara...)

But there are lots of Reboot haters, too.
Yeah. Since they've taken a completely fresh take on Lara and now that they have told the origins story, it's time they should craft some real fun adventures in the universe and keep her for a while. I won't mind reboot lara if they keep her long term. I want good TR games with the best set of locations, longer story, bigger world and freshly enhanced gameplay.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-20, 19:01   #30333
pitchtheripoff
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
Am I the only one so happy the reboot trilogy happened?

I'm playing through TR 2013 again, and I just love the direction the series has taken. I just wish a few things stuck, like Lara having the duals in Rise + Shadow.

I love Shadow, but I also feel like Rise is one of the greatest games of this generation. So packed with content and visuals that still look like one of the best on the market today IMO

I hope we get news soon on a new game, I hope they don't just ditch the reboot timeline, that would be so wasted. I just want another game in the same universe but set about 5-8 years later with a more mature Lara.
I absolutely love replaying through the reboot trilogy but that doesn't mean I can't prefer the older games

Massive LAU fanboy but I treat all TR games equally
Old 31-12-20, 19:05   #30334
RAID
Tomb Raider

I prefer the Reboot games over LAU. My pet peeves with the Reboot games is Lara herself and the lackluster story.
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-20, 19:07   #30335
pitchtheripoff
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAID View Post
I prefer the Reboot games over LAU. My pet peeves with the Reboot games is Lara herself and the lackluster story.
2013's story was pretty good, Rise was fine and Shadow was absolutely horrible. Lara was also fine but personally I feel that her accent felt a bit fake. I played 2013 dubbed though so that wasn't much of a problem there
Old 01-01-21, 02:25   #30336
LateRaider
Professor

Quote:
LAU got so much right and so much wrong. good platforming systems, good lara, but then we have ugly costuming for the most part and a horrid story. the reboot is more rounded
Tomb Raider Forums member #54094 - Always late to the party
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 07:58   #30337
RAID
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchtheripoff View Post
2013's story was pretty good, Rise was fine and Shadow was absolutely horrible. Lara was also fine but personally I feel that her accent felt a bit fake. I played 2013 dubbed though so that wasn't much of a problem there
Yes. I was ok with the Reboot cos it was an origin story, but when Rise and Shadow hit, I was expecting Lara to grow. Instead they dragged the story so much and left her in her father's shadow that both games feel like fillers. I'm in no way saying that Rise and Shadow are bad games, on the contrary, they're excellent, Shadow in particular. But the story was dreadful, Lara still has no personality and they undid any progress they had achieved with Lara's character in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
LAU got so much right and so much wrong. good platforming systems, good lara, but then we have ugly costuming for the most part and a horrid story. the reboot is more rounded
Platforming was horrible in the LAU games. Lara was stuck to a ledge 99% of the time only to hop to another ledge. LAU are definitely down there with AOD in my book. Best be forgotten.

On the other hand, I prefer that Lara compared to the screeching hyena in the Reboot. Still didn't compare to Core Design Lara.
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 16:58   #30338
pitchtheripoff
Historian

Right so I recently changed the game's graphics settings to low cuz for 2018 AAA standards my PC is kind of a potato, and I think this game looks great, even without taking the whole Low thing into account.
What do you guys think?

https://imgur.com/a/aWpgm2N

Made an Imgur album cuz spam and stuff
also yeahh the textures are pretty crap but that's kinda obvious
the lighting and stuff still looks good

Last edited by pitchtheripoff; 01-01-21 at 17:03. Reason: please be patient i am slow
pitchtheripoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 17:45   #30339
Strayyy_
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchtheripoff View Post
Right so I recently changed the game's graphics settings to low cuz for 2018 AAA standards my PC is kind of a potato, and I think this game looks great, even without taking the whole Low thing into account.
What do you guys think?

https://imgur.com/a/aWpgm2N

Made an Imgur album cuz spam and stuff
also yeahh the textures are pretty crap but that's kinda obvious
the lighting and stuff still looks good
Yeah, now that I realize it the game has some amazing graphics
Old 01-01-21, 17:49   #30340
Strayyy_
Student

Quote:
Yes. I was ok with the Reboot cos it was an origin story, but when Rise and Shadow hit, I was expecting Lara to grow. Instead they dragged the story so much and left her in her father's shadow that both games feel like fillers.
I agree, I never enjoyed the daddy stories in Rise/Shadow. Especially when the ROTTR announcement trailer was about PTSD and then the actual game was about her dad